1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"lonely? Singles At Planet Figure Want To Meet You!"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by theBaron, Aug 15, 2012.

1. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Anyone else notice the ads for dating services in the margins of the page, while browsing the Planet? Like this one:

[IMG]

It's pretty amusing. I can see it coming, a singles section-- "Planet Figure--After Dark!"

Prost!
    Brad
  2. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    It is all target advertising that only some browsing the Plane get. I never get this sort of advert. Maybe they know I am butt ugly and have no money.
    crf, Tarracus and gordy like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Brad's obviously a good looking bloke with loads of money.
    theBaron, Tarracus and gordy like this.
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Clearly my phone is rich and good looking too (Or it doesn't have the ad blocker my PC has) ;-)
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Roger........they must know that you are all at sea.
    Ken ..........they couldn't afford the bus fare to the Dominican Republic.
    Brad........Looks as though your luck is in mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Keith, two hours thirty mins 'til Aberdeen I expect the ads any time soon. :joyful:
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Just tell them your hobby is painting toy soldiers and watch them run for the hills!

Been there done that in real life.

Colin
    Wings5797 likes this.
  8. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good point well very made Colin.
    Don,t you go mixing it with 150mm Steven P Ward and Northallerton Siver Band on the way home Roger.....those girls are not the like the ones that are chasing down Brad.;) (I am told/alledgedly/ through the grape vine etc. etc.).......sorry ladies of the Northalerton Band I am sure you are lovely x.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    LOL, guys, you're crackin' me up!
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I was hoping the band would be waiting for me when I get off the train.... maybe one day. :playful:
    Wings5797 likes this.
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    Only thing waiting for you Rog will be the shore patrol! ( Do they still exist in these days of cut backs?)
  12. Ferris A Fixture

I get young crispy Filipino girls....
    I guess the logic is: Miniature figure nerds of age X cannot find girls by themselves and will probably like e-dating...?o_O
    Dumb algorithm. I am nowhere near the Filipines. And why don't I get the girls Brad gets?
    (Now I hope my wife doesn't read this post....:blackeye:)

Cheers,
    Adrian
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's exactly what stopped me going any further than I did. :eek:

Roger.
  14. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Brad, seeing as how I don't get any when you have finished with the second one from the left can you pass her along to me. Free holiday in the DR. (for her, not you)
    theBaron likes this.
  15. Wings5797 A Fixture

France

The best I can do is try to download a couple of the NAS Band's tunes for your I pod as you get off of the train. Any requests, may be We are not sailing, the Peters and Lee classic Welcome Home or What shall we do with the drunken sailor? I am sure the list is endless.
    Enjoy your time at home mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    At least they "don't like young men"... If they're looking for eccentric (read weird) old bastards... They've come to the right place!

Colin's right though, painting model soldiers is not concidered "artistic" in the dating world :arghh:
    theBaron and Wings5797 like this.
  17. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    It really is dependant on how you put it over Chaos. During the 1980 Iranian Embassy Seige I used to say I was working with the SAS and it worked a treat. I didn't say it was a Tamiya 1/35 Jeep with 2 toy soldiers.;)
    Cheers,
    Keith
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  18. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Just so you country boys don't feel left out......you know who you are ;)
    Derek
    Tecumsea and Wings5797 like this.
  19. saxon66 Member

United-States
    Hi Guys, don't worry too much about what women think of painting model soldiers, besides I've had all of those pictured.... none of them lasted as long as a decent 54mm, and gave no where near as much pleasure either....(y) While we're on the subject of women I made a stark discovery yesterday which dispelled the myth that women cannot multitask... it dawned on me that for the past four years I've been working with women who can drink tea and gossip at the same time ! :)
    Tecumsea, theBaron and Wings5797 like this.
  20. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I'm partial to the one the end, actually, she looks like Heather Tesch from The Weather Channel :D

Prost!
    Brad