1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Little side project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

I have had this one on the back burner for a while and decided it was about time I started it, so what you see is the product of a couple of hours clean up and arranging the figures on the base.

Still lots to do... :)

Dave

Attached Files:

2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Second image

Dave

Attached Files:

3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,
    GREAT stuff! You can ask Guy (I am constantly bouncing these ideas off him!), I REALLY like the thought, ney, the effort of taking figures and presenting them in unique ways. I love the thought of vignettes. I think it adds much more interest to the figures and gives a better sence of scale, history and tells a story beyond a nice figure just standing there. These two work very nicely together the way you have them presented. Keep us posted. I look forward to seeing more!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, Get paint on 'em! :) ~Gary
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Move on Move on !!!!! i likethem
  6. Evan August New Member

Great idea! What figures are these? I look forward to seeing you paint them.
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work matey looking forwar to seeing em finished, at teh rate you paint they will be done by time I get to work :)

Robin
  8. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments so far

Gary, I will start to get some paint on them at the weekend, no problem....

Evan, the standing figure is the Virginia Heavy Artillary figure from Art Girona and the seated figure is the Civil War Soldier 1861-1865 from Sparta Modellbau, great little figure, not the best quality but fit and pose is very good.

Hi Robin, thanks mate

Dave
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Dave,

Paint them with the afterburner. I really would like to see the finish.

marc
  10. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like a really nice project Dave. They look like they're posing for a photograph.... and in way they are I suppose! :lol:

Getting the proportions of the figures right, in terms of how each figure interacts with the other is crucial and makes or breaks vignettes like these. The time you've taken to plan this has obvioulsy repaid itself. The guy standing at the back acts as a great 'backdrop' for the bloke in the foreground.

All the best with it mate!