Little more progress...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sambaman, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    OK, SLOWLY but shurely, I move forward in baby steps on my Wolf French Voltigeur bust. This time the backpack. It is 99% done. I need to go in and fix a few minor things. This is obviously the fur pack he carries. Fire wood and hatchet on the top. I was a bit intimidated by the wood to be honest, and that explains a bit why I took so long to finish it. I made an effort to paint virtually all the pieces a differnt color to show some variation and depth. I also painted some in Birch wood to get a couple to stand out and give the stack a little interest. I haven't attempted this before, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Next up the uniform! I'll keep ya posted! Thanks for looking, any and all comments welcome! :)

Jay H.
    OKC

The back,
    [IMG]

The front, (you can see that the bust mounts to the bottom part of the pack here)
    [IMG]

Kind of a side shot,
    [IMG]

Kind of a top shot here,
    [IMG]
  2. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jay....what a nice piece of work...the different types of branches really do add some extra interest...good job so far.

All the best....Roy.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy,
    thanks for the commnets! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, I have to echo Roy's comment on the bundle of firewood. Showing a variety just adds to the realism. You've put thought into a small part of the overall project that many overlook.~Gary
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jay,

I have nothing more to say. Just echo the others. Beautifull work.

Marc.
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jay, very nice work so far, looking forward to your next step.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary, Marc, Roc,
    thanks for the kind words! I'll be sure to post my progress as I move into the uniform. ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I too have to echo what has already been said, you have made your piece unique by putting some thought into it. Well done.
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    After seeing Jay's work in the flesh, I can only say that pictures do not do it justice. Keep up the good work my friend. Looking forward to seeing the uniform next.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mathew,
    Thanks for the comments. And Guy, the checks in the mail! ;) :lol:
  11. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Jay-Very nice work. If you stop now, don't paint the rest, & mount the backpack on a nice base, you'll have a great looking display piece :lol: . Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Mike
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike, thanks for the kind words!
    Two for the price of one? HHmmmmmm, I hadn't thought of that! Nahhh, I have to put this pack with its owner, otherwise, where would my poor Voltigeur keep his 8-tracks for the road! :lol: :lol:

I'll keep you posted.

Jay H.
    OKC