1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Little more progress...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sambaman, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    OK, SLOWLY but shurely, I move forward in baby steps on my Wolf French Voltigeur bust. This time the backpack. It is 99% done. I need to go in and fix a few minor things. This is obviously the fur pack he carries. Fire wood and hatchet on the top. I was a bit intimidated by the wood to be honest, and that explains a bit why I took so long to finish it. I made an effort to paint virtually all the pieces a differnt color to show some variation and depth. I also painted some in Birch wood to get a couple to stand out and give the stack a little interest. I haven't attempted this before, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Next up the uniform! I'll keep ya posted! Thanks for looking, any and all comments welcome! :)

Jay H.
    OKC

The back,
    [IMG]

The front, (you can see that the bust mounts to the bottom part of the pack here)
    [IMG]

Kind of a side shot,
    [IMG]

Kind of a top shot here,
    [IMG]
  2. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jay....what a nice piece of work...the different types of branches really do add some extra interest...good job so far.

All the best....Roy.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy,
    thanks for the commnets! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, I have to echo Roy's comment on the bundle of firewood. Showing a variety just adds to the realism. You've put thought into a small part of the overall project that many overlook.~Gary
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jay,

I have nothing more to say. Just echo the others. Beautifull work.

Marc.
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jay, very nice work so far, looking forward to your next step.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary, Marc, Roc,
    thanks for the kind words! I'll be sure to post my progress as I move into the uniform. ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I too have to echo what has already been said, you have made your piece unique by putting some thought into it. Well done.
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    After seeing Jay's work in the flesh, I can only say that pictures do not do it justice. Keep up the good work my friend. Looking forward to seeing the uniform next.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mathew,
    Thanks for the comments. And Guy, the checks in the mail! ;) :lol:
  11. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Jay-Very nice work. If you stop now, don't paint the rest, & mount the backpack on a nice base, you'll have a great looking display piece :lol: . Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Mike
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike, thanks for the kind words!
    Two for the price of one? HHmmmmmm, I hadn't thought of that! Nahhh, I have to put this pack with its owner, otherwise, where would my poor Voltigeur keep his 8-tracks for the road! :lol: :lol:

I'll keep you posted.

Jay H.
    OKC