1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Little Hitler.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by housecarl, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Again beautiful work Carl. I have a question regarding the Tamiya flat base. Are you airbrushing it over the Vallejo? I wouldn't have thought you could add it to your Vallejo paints and airbrush the mix.

Thanks

Gary (y)
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I just add a touch of the flat base to the airbrush mix Gary.
    Thanks for commenting,
    Carl.
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant painting Carl and certainly one of your best to date. (y)

Cheers Ken
  4. e-junkie Member

United-States
    I add my voice to this concert of praise; I must say your job on the coat is a true source of inspiration. I've noticed in your comments that you did apply preliminary highlights with the airbrush, and I was wondering what was the scale of the figure; is this a 54mm?
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments chaps. Florent it's a 90mm.
    Thanks again,
    Carl.
  6. e-junkie Member

United-States
    Oh, ok, probably a bit more easier to treat with an airbrush than a 54mm; I notice this because I've tried once to do some highlight job with the airbrush on a 1/35 figure to save un-necessary brush strokes, and the result was disastrous :))
  7. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Carl!

Back when I was a student I read Hugh Trevor-Ropers book 'The Last Days of Hitler'. It inspired me to do a few oil paintings. I think Andrea's figure is meant to be in the same time frame....ie at the end...the presentation of iron crosses to war orphans...

..ok I'm not Ric Scollins...but I enjoyed paintin' 'em!

Attached Files:

8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Jon - you may not be Rick Scollins but you are certainly a very gifted artist. Fascinatng paintings very well rendered from what I can tell. The best part is the imagination shown.

The Hitler figure looks like he just stepped out of "Downfall." Great paint job and a good sculpt. Even if you aren't a Hitler fan you can enjoy this figure knowing that in a day or two he will be pulling down the curtain.

Colin
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for stopping by to comment. As Colin says cracking work with the oils Jon. The piece is entitled "The End". by Andrea.
    Carl.
  10. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice paint Carl,subtle but suits this well...the base adds to the late war feel...

Carlos
  11. Clausewitz New Member

Germany
    Hahaha, Hitler standing in cat litter. Best idea ever!!!
    Meehan34, SRP and billyturnip like this.
  12. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very good Carl...nice painting and setting mate..!!!!
    Steve
  13. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The best place for a little turd. Thanks for the further comments.
    Carl.
    Meehan34 likes this.