1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Little Hand

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JCOX, Dec 30, 2003.

1. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Niether can I! You sure can paint though Robin! (BTW, how's the Winged Hussar bust coming along? Gorgeous piece.)

Thanks all for the encouragement. Hope to have him painted soon. Need to do some cleanup and make the ear rings and that &*^&@ feather (it's kickin' me in the butt).

Gary, I can't wait to see how your bust progresses. (Just say you temporarily 'misplaced' your borrowed camera - you'll find it again in May or so ).

-jim cox
  2. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Niether can I! You sure can paint though Robin! (BTW, how's the Winged Hussar bust coming along? Gorgeous piece.)

Thanks all for the encouragement. Hope to have him painted soon. Need to do some cleanup and make the ear rings and that &*^&@ feather (it's kickin' me in the butt).

Gary, I can't wait to see how your bust progresses. (Just say you temporarily 'misplaced' your borrowed camera - you'll find it again in May or so ).

-jim cox
  3. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guys. Started painting Little Hand. Just the face so far. Critiques welcome...

-jim cox

Attached Files:

4. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Another view...

-jim cox

Attached Files:

5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    !!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

....WOW. Please tell us all about those lovely skintones!

That's great! (y) (y) (y)
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Excellent Jim!!! (y) That skin tone looks perfect.
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Lookin Great Jim Love your skintones too
  8. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind remarks. :)

Skin colors: Painted in oils:

Base: Mars Brown, Brilliant Yellow Cad. Med Hue, Naples Yellow Reddish Ext. (pink), and a touch of Tit. White and Mars Red.

Deep Shaddow: Burnt Umber, Mars Red

Med Shaddow: Mars Brown, Mars Orange, touch of Mars Red

Highlight: Naples Yellow

High Highlight: Naples Yellow, Tit. White

Blush: Brown Madder

Hope this is helpful.

-jim cox
  9. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hello all! Here's the finished (95%) Little Hand bust. Still got a lot of growing to do in sculpting and painting, but this was a nice project and I'm glad I was able to complete it!

Attached Files:

10. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Another view. May add the ear rings if I have time before Atlanta and I'd love to do some sort of design on the neck tie. Any pattern suggestions (with pics) would be much appreciated. Thanks for all the support and help through out this project!

-jim cox

Attached Files:

11. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Well thanks a lot for that recipe for your skin tones! (y)

Seems you use a lot of the "mars" colours there, and seems to me that your mix could be adapted for painting Caucasian flesh as well... very useful tip, thank you very much!!!!
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful sculpting and painting Jim........you have the talent for both........and do both with skill and talent. I do have one observation though that caught up with me years ago at MFCA. I had painted a Cavalry Lt., 1876, with a yellow bandana ( afterall John Wayne and his troopers wore them in the movies "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" ) Yellow was not a color fast material and faded rapidly in sunlight and with heat. I lost a gold on that one do to inaccuracy! They would be most any color.......but yellow!
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    (y) That is some FANTASTIC work Jim!!! Very well done. (y)
  14. btavis Active Member

United-States
    My hats off to you Jim for a very nice job. I'm impressed.
  15. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim!

Wonderful job all over. Both the sculpting and the painting is top notch buddy! What is going to be your next project after this one?
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim,

I have to say that you have done a very nice job in both sculpting and painting. I can see if you just stay at it both will get even better. I also can see that you now have the passion back to do this. Good job and what a great improvement. (y)

Joe
  17. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks all for you kind comments! :)

Guy, thanks for the observation and advice, I will redo it.

What color would you guess the one he is wearing in the original picture is? Also looks like some kind of imprinted or embroidered design on it any guesses on that?

-jim cox
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, Nice job. It's neat to see that someone has not only sculpted the bust but paint it as well. You're doing really well on this stuff.~Gary
  19. Patrick Kirk New Member

Jim,
    Great work...wow! I didn't know you were mult-dimensional !
    I really like the flesh tones...what was the mixture you used?
    Really impressive; thanks for sharing!

Patrick
  20. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    excellent work! It's really nce to see it from start to finish (y)