1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lint Free Rags

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Patrick Kirk, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

Ok...this is probably going to bring me all sorts of hazing, but I just have to know, where can you find "lint free" rags..?

Appreciate the help, guys

All the best

Patrick
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hey Patrick, I get mine at a large Artist supply store. I have also seen them at Lowes.
  3. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I use Kim Wipes which are lint free and hypo allergenic.
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Believe it or not, I tear up old t-shirts, wash the rags and store them in bags so dust can't get on them. Never have much of a problem.
  5. Pete_H New Member

Damn, Lou beat me to it.

Patrick,
    Go to your t-shirt drawer, take out all those gawdy OD PT t-shirts you've been meaning to wear, cut them up and "voila!" I pretty much use old t-shirts and store them just like Lou does, and I use them for just about everything - cleaning & drying brushes, sculpting, dusting off figs., etc. What about using all those shirts in your wardrobe that your wife doesn't approve of? :lol:
  6. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Yes, Patrick, you can put some "color" into your painting room by shredding those Hawaian shirts to clean your brushes with. A man of your stature could get a few hundred cloths from one shirt! ;)
  7. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Bob and Guy...I'll see what I can hunt down...

Bob,
    Where did you find those Kim Wipes...

Hope all is well

Patrick
  8. Patrick Kirk New Member

Petey and Lou...
    :lol:
    You guys slay me...
    I would love to use some of those shirts, but Lo beat me to them about a month ago...seems she got a call from a shady charactor from San Diego who let on that my taste in shirts were, well, bland... ;)
    Good call on the PT shirts, those things will strip the paint from anything!

I noticed on a the Sapper that I am working on, tiny specs of lint on the apron, and thought that the Tshirt I am using was the cause...still don't know where those lint specs came from...frustrating as hell...I'm pulling off these specs with lil tweezers! :angry: I am using an old white Tshirt, just can't figger this out!

Ok, thanks guys appreicate the candor

All the best

Patrick
  9. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    At someone's recommendation I started using coffee filters.
  10. Patrick Kirk New Member

No way, coffee filters? How do they work for you?
    Very interesting approach...

All the best

Patrick
  11. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    I don't do a lot of painting and use to use tissues that were cheap and didn't appear to leave lint to wipe my brushes. I found they were ok and soaked up a lot of water when using acryllics. Also used them for oils. Then I was told to try coffee filters as they were lint free and could be found in large quantities at discount stores. They are definitely lint free but take some getting used to as they don't fold up into a nice neat flat square. This is not to put down using old tee shirts which I use also as there is a nice feel to them. Just don't use shirts on their last legs as they are too thin. I think finding lint free cloths or even lint free paper cloths at one of the big home stores or auto stores is a great solution too. You'll find your favorite just like oil vs acryllic vs enamel. Joe