1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Life Miniatures New Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Lee Sang Eon, Dec 10, 2014.

1. arxo Active Member

Greece
    :dead: Absolutely knock-out!
  2. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Figure modelling at it's best!
  3. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Fantastic painting!!! :)

For all you guys that are not aviation buffs, in case you're wishing to dug references, the jacket she dressed was a Buzz Rickson BR12881 Type B-15C:

[IMG]

And the popularity of Marilyn in Korea was such a hit, that variants of this same jacket exist with stenciling about the event:

[IMG]

Anything Goes: The supporting band composed of 11 enlisted men
    K-47AB: Air Force base K-47 Chu'Chon
    16 Feb 54: Obviously the main event

Photographs abound of great Marilyn performing with a summer light dress in negative temperatures for 100.000 service men (see the logotype in the drum)

[IMG]

But if some among you fear painting the patch, rest tranquil. Because, she was there from 16 to19 February 1954 and she performed 10 shows. So, she dressed not always the same clothes and as a matter of fact she wore more than one jacket once there:

Airplane is a F-84 Thunderjet (the same present in the Mosquito badge seen previously). The jacket she wears is again a B-15C. But no patch is seen in this jacket. So, if you have the guts to shave it from the kit you will be correct too.

[IMG]

And here as well, in what may be an unfortunate double exposed photograph (or who knows, contemporary photoshop):

[IMG]

Here she is. In the back a Dodge truck and the blade and chin of a Sikorsky H-34 Chocktaw:

[IMG]

And the highly advanced for the time Chocktaw was just the perfect background for all these men to testify who they just met:

[IMG]

If people nowadays see music events with a phone in their hands photographing it, it's not something of this time. Way back in 1954 the same happened:

[IMG]

That's why countless images from all angles are available still today:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And the energy she rocks is still today contagious:

[IMG]

And contagious means contagious. Here's great Marilyn in romantic black and white film performing under heavy rain:

[IMG]

The show can't stop! :)

Just in case someone in a year from now will be searching for references, I transferred the images I posted previously to this same post :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

6147th Tactical Control Patch comes to here too:

[IMG]

Inspire yourselves good guys! Don't forget the lipstick as well :)

[IMG]
  4. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A stunning beautiful woman..A stunning beautiful sculpt...A stunning beautiful paint job....
    Should us mere mortals go back to Lego I wonder...
    Great reference pics as well....
    Can we also have Lana Turner,Betty Grable and Rita Hayworth next ;) Yes I am over 60..from when women where women..
    tomifune likes this.
  5. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Nice. Will be painting it in black and grey tones.
  6. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    Incredible!
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    What a Stunning sculpt of a Beautiful icon :p:joyful:. Kudos (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)!
    Kenneth.
  8. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I wasn't convinced of the likeness when I saw the sculpt but now it's painted I can see it is dead on. Very well done. Think this will be popular.
    Cheers
    Mat
  9. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Outstanding - top notch sculpting and painting.

Well done.
  10. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Spectacular sculpt and paint job. Being an illustrator myself, I can attest to what an accomplishment it is to do such a spot on likeness of a pretty woman. Without out a doubt, that subject is the most difficult to pull off successfully.
  11. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    When women were the right size(y), not like these skinny rake like ones today.. :facepalm:
    Mark D;)
    Mike S. likes this.
  12. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Mr. Lee, you nailed it! Both in sculpting and painting. Too bad they don't give Oscars for painting like this, you sir would most certainly have a gold statuette.

Tom
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Stunning work all round. What fantastic sculpters and painters we have here. Superb.