1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Life Miniatures (Korea) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Rohmann, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Soon at "Life Miniatures"...:

Title: Letter to an Unknown Soldier - WW1 British Soldier 1916
    Scale: 1/10
    Resin
    3-D-Sculptor: Sang Eon Lee
    Numer: LM-B025
    Price: $67.50 (preorder price), later $75.00, respectively plus shipping

[IMG]

------------------------------------------------------

Title: Oni - Cyborg Gangster
    Scale: 1/10
    Resin
    3-D-Sculptor: Sang Eon Lee
    Number: LM-FUB007
    Price: $40.50 (preorder price), later $45.00, respectively plus shipping

[IMG]

Cheers
  2. PropBlast Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Letter To A Unknown Soldier is fantastic. Love all the details and different textures. Absolute winner in my opinion!
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Or "Dear John" lovely sculpting
  4. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    not exited by another cyborg, but the Letter bust is excellent.
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Both are absolutely stunning...in the right hands they will be outstanding pieces (y)
  6. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That WW1 piece is superb.(y)
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Both figures are superb
    Steve
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Both superb. The thing I immediately thought when I saw the Unknown Soldier was Rupert Brookes.
    The face is very OxBridge slightly consumptive classical.
    I know Brookes was in the RN but it was the image of WWI poets that sprung to mind rather than service.
    Helm and housecarl like this.
  9. The Riveteer Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic but I'm tired of 3D renders. What matters is are the castings up to it. I know Life do great sculpts anyway - but just saying, that's all.
    David
    Ventress, fogie and DEL like this.
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I agree but the response to the renders gives the manufacturer a sense of the hobbyists reaction. But you're quite right, the cast is everything.
    D
    fogie and captnenglish like this.
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    The WWI piece is fantastic and will likely become a must have
    DEL likes this.
  12. Sgt. Red Active Member

Great busts.
  13. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Neatly rendered. The Cyborg does nothing for me but the WW1 character is going to be popular. IMHO it is a bit contrived and rather too neat, but it is all there and I've no doubt there will be some quality renditions of it soon.

Phil
  14. Scott Sheltz Active Member

United-States
    Great looking busts!
  15. nig-g Active Member

Really like “The Letter” bust, but that stray strap looks odd and annoys me somewhat.
    N
  16. The Riveteer Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes Del, but if the render is so much better than the casting the manufacturer will only be getting a reaction to what he had "intended" to produce.
    Case in point - Grod's recent post of his 120mm Poniatowski had people, (quite understandably), drooling and thinking that the render was an actual painted model; whereas the rendered paint job presented would be almost impossible for most of us to achieve. It was a great colour aid to how the figure should be painted, but still misleading.
    I'm not saying that 3D renders shouldn't be used by kit producers, but only alongside images of the actual figure. (No suggestion of poor quality, or deceptive intent on Grod or Tommy Wharton's part is intended here)

My worry is that this is the thin end of the wedge. If all manufacturers start doing this as standard practice but don't have the reputation that say, Life Miniatures, have, how are we ever going to to know what we are actually buying on t'internet? It could ultimately become a way of some more unscrupulous producers to shift poorer quality merchandise.

David
    Nap and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  17. ukali1066 Member

United-Kingdom
    I question the floating rifle, they weighed 9lb's
    Mike - The Kiwi and Airkid like this.
  18. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Yes, it doesn't seem to be held at all. It also has aspects of both early and late SMLEs so I wonder what references were used. A few dings in the woodwork wouldn't go amiss, neither would some snags in that beautifully knitted scarf. Nice concept, but too pretty.

Phil
  19. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I agree whats happening with the Rifle its just floating there
  20. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Yes,...I bit my tongue on this one, plus the fact that there is only one view, plus the fact that it is computer generated. Might be good if you lack the talent to paint eyeballs. Looks good from far away......What a shame that talented sculptors have gone in this direction...(n)

Wayne