1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Life Miniatures German 6th Army, Stalingrad 1942

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    German 6th Army, Stalingrad 1942

main1.jpg
    main2.JPG
    main3.JPG

This is the latest release from Life Miniatures, German 6th Army, Stalingrad 1942, Master Sculpted by Ju-Won Jung and box art Painted by Sang-Eon Lee. The kit is 1/10th 200mm scale Bust kit with two head options. All parts are cast in light grey resin. As with all busts produced from Life miniatures the quality of casting is outstanding as is the quality and level of detail. A close inspection of the parts show minimal clean-up, only mould blocks need to be removed.

IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg

All parts come in a sturdy box with two layers of foam sandwiching the main parts and the smaller parts that are contained in poly zip bags.

IMG_3.jpg

Front and rear views of the main torso show the outstanding detail of equipment, stick grenade, ammo pouches etc. We can also see close up the high level of clean casting with minimal amount of clean-up.

IMG_4.jpg

There are two head options included with the kit and there is only a small variation between the two. One head is designed to wear the supplied spectacles and the other is designed without. If you wish to use the spectacles you will need to use the head with the small recess just above the top of the ear as this will accommodate the arms of the specs. I have pointed this out with a red line in the photo just to outline the subtle difference.

IMG_5.jpg

Removal of the mould plug and dry run test fitting of the head and helmet show an exact and snug fit.

IMG_6.jpg

Removal and assembly of the spectacle parts will require lots of patience and a very sharp scalpel blade to remove and clean the parts for assembly and fitting, cutting points can be seen outlined in the photos.

IMG_7.jpg

Other parts of the kit for your inspection includes the top half of the rifle, handle of stick grenade etc.

Conclusion:
    Another fine release from Life Miniatures of an always popular subject among the WWII enthusiasts. Parts are cast to a very high standard with only a minimal amount of clean-up. Two head options included with or without the specs. Highly Recommended *****
    Availability:

Check out Life Miniatures Web site for Availability in your country.

Life Miniatures Web Site: http://lifeminiatures.kr/140180055341

UK: S.K.Miniatures http://www.skminiatures.co.uk

UK: El Greco Miniatures http://www.elgrecominiatures.co.uk/

Russia: Soga Miniatures http://www.soga-miniatures.com/

Italy: BestSoldiers http://www.bestsoldiershop.com/

Regards
    Tommi
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tommi,
    Thanks for the comprehensive review! . and photographs. Very nice. ... Now, this could be just me! ..but are his ears set, a little low? .. or have I just got big ones ! (probably the latter)

Regards,

Mark
    faust18 and Tommi like this.
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A great review of a superb figure Tommi.
    Many thanks for posting Mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Tommi ,

Great review , looks to be packed full of details and the painting ...brilliant as always ....looking forward all the time to see what Life Miniatures release.

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not my Era but I might just buy this anyway for the quality, and a spare heid could come in handy:singing:

ron
  6. Funky50 Guest

The mould plug on the main part of the specs looks like it might be a nightmare to remove without breaking the resin frame.....
  7. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A new number 11 swan Morton blade done the trick on mine no problem then a small rolled up piece of fine sand paper to finish off with. Must be handled very carefully and can’t be rushed.
    Cheers
    Tommi
    Funky50 likes this.
  8. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the review Tommi!

I came across this pic:

$T2eC16dHJG!FFmuQ5n)kBR8LdMofHg~~60_57.JPG