1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Life Goes On

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DioramaArt, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Nap, still thinking about how to do the base for this scene, it’s relatively flat so will probably need some elevation to bring it to life for the viewer. Appreciate your support mate. :)
    Nap likes this.
  2. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you kind sir.
  3. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you, appreciated. :)
  4. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you :)
  5. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you, not started the ground work, as part will be a plowed field getting that looking right will be a challenge.
  6. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Bob, appreciate your support. :)
    Viking Bob likes this.
  7. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  8. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Steve :)
  9. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Wayne, I don’t feel so young some days hope my motivation never goes though.
    Nap likes this.
  10. ModelCellar A Fixture

WOW, That is REALLY COOL !!
    DioramaArt likes this.
  11. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you, very kind :)
  12. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Started phase two of the Scene,

I made the plough twice, the one in the original photo didn’t look good modelled and wasn’t happy with it so scratch built one like I’ve researched from the same era.

The scene will also be depicted on an oblong base, this shows off the tank without compromising the space and distance of the farmer in the scene, the ploughed field will be a feature as will the coarse and long grass that will give an overgrown battlefield look, contrasted with the neat lines of the newly ploughed field.

B6F1DAF1-35F4-4562-968F-D74A9938695D.jpeg 32550A8F-873D-4C07-BDB9-91112C7F1F88.jpeg 7350D0EF-851C-47A6-B1F2-12EF21E9FA7B.jpeg 54B49B8B-5664-4237-9D8A-C325885D069D.png E904678E-7B1D-428B-B4D6-69F525F8452C.png F45DC0DA-029A-473B-9409-FB5745BB369A.jpeg 46683FF9-9EB4-421D-BAB7-163BD1E8B4D7.jpeg 535D93A3-E993-45A2-88A9-FD729F624CA7.jpeg 9CB508BB-B7DD-4D94-AF1C-A99876E317A0.jpeg
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcus

Not once but twice on the plough ...looks amazing ..how you do it is beyond me !

Like the way you've thought out the base ...the contrast between the field and the battleground is ideal with the cross adding to the diorama

Nice work on the horse and the farmer

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Viking Bob and DioramaArt like this.
  14. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you mate,

I tried the base as square first instance, it didn’t look right, least the new way takes up less shelf space and can be viewed on all sides for a different perspective, on the hidden side I’m tinkering with the idea of a could of children playing with the dangerous scrap but don’t want that to detract from the main scene.
    Viking Bob and Nap like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England

The children I agree would detract ....idea future project perhaps swinging on a wrecked rusty and weathered tank barrel or howitzer ?

Look forward to more on this

Nap
    DioramaArt and Viking Bob like this.
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Top job.(y)
    DioramaArt likes this.
  17. Yuriy Active Member

Nice, very nice! Bravo!
    DioramaArt likes this.
  18. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree, going to keep to the original narrative, just the single figure and horse. Thanks mate.
    Nap likes this.
  19. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  20. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Yuriy. :)