1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lieutenant, 2nd "General Drozdovsky" Rifle regimen

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by gforceman, Oct 21, 2003.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi everybody,

included I post some pictures of this bust I'm painting. It's a 120mm resin casting by El Viejo Dragón. The head and cape are finished, the rest is in basecolour, waiting to be finished. It's completely painted with acrylics so far.

I would love to hear ALL you remarks, tips and trucs.

Best wishes,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Gino, I love what you have done so far, you're becoming a master of the acrylics.
    something I find very difficult to use , I guess I don't fully understand the techniques.

Leigh
  3. Richard E New Member

Gino

I love the way you have blended the face, I gave up with acrylics for doing that because of the drying time. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Richard
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    yes, do share your technique's !
    you have a nice camera and good close up photography... a couple step by step's on painting flesh with acrylics perhaps ? ;)

awesome work on the eyes too!
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Leigh,

Although I consider myself just a beginner with acrylics I will try to help you, and anybody else, as much as I can. So if you have a question please don't hesitate to ask. I feel painting with acrylics is much easier then painting with oils.

Hi Richard,

The trick when painting with acrylics is to dilute very well. For my highlights my paint is like milk, for the shadows like soda. The first 4 or 5 layers I apply are almost not noteticable, it like you're painting with water. but are these steps that make the smooth blending. Another important thing is not to load your brush too heavely. I always load my brush with dilluted paint, then have most of the paint wiped off on a rag and then I start painting. I hope this has helped at least a little, if you have more question, please do ask them.

Hi Gordy,

I will do you an article on painting flesh with acrylics. it might take till the end of the year though. Modelling is my only source of income, so I think you'll understand that i first need to do the work I'm getting paid for. But I'll keep you in mind, no problem.

Best wishes,

Gino.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    (y) Will look forward to it :)