1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Leuthen 1757

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, May 22, 2012.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Just in case anyone thought I'd given up painting flats here's a little something I've got in the pipeline.
    30mm flats of Frederick the Great, Generals, staff officers and associated hangers on prior to the battle of Leuthen 5th December 1757.
    Roger
    PICT0076.JPG PICT0077.JPG
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a nice set of flats.
    And you gonna paint them all Roger;)
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    These will be a change from painting a bust Roger.
    Impressive start,
    Carl.(y)
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Marc, Carl, thank you. I'm really hoping I can maintain my interest in this project to see it through to completion.
    The plan is not to do any super detailing but just enough work to get the whole lot done to a standard where they will be a nice display.

Roger.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Realy nice the first ones - I will follow with interest.

Cheers
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Martin. I go back to work tomorrow so it will be a month before work can continue. it gives me plenty of time for researching all these uniforms though. ;)

Roger
  7. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Roger, it looks to me that you going to be entertained for a while ;)
  9. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow that is going to be just fantastic. Some great looking figures in there, so should make for a great scene.
    Cheers
    Dave
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    You're off to a good start, Roger, me likee!

The set reminds me of a diorama in the little book on toy soldiers whose name escapes me now, nuts! It had the Rose Egyptian chariot on the cover, and many illustrations, mostly with Stadden figures, plus the Poundridge outdoor dio with Imrie-Risley figures. I wonder if yours are the same set as in that book.

I hate these senior moments!

Prost!
    Brad
  11. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Peter Blum's "little blue book"!! I still have my copy - one of my most treasured possessions. It had a real title - Military Miniatures - and was published by Odyssey Library, but I've only ever heard it referred to as the "little blue book". I trace my love of miniatures directly back to this Christmas present.
  12. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you, Don, that was going to bug me. Well, till I would look on the bookshelf when I get home, which, of course, I forgot to do Wednesday. I probably need to have another beer.

Prost!
    Brad
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments everyone.
    I'm just catching up as the internet as been off on the ship due to someone accidently dislodging the plug to the satellite dish. o_O

Roger.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Back home again from work and back painting. here's a update on the Leuthen set.

Roger.

Leuthen 1.jpg
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    i love the heavy contrast between shades and lights, it really brings those figs alive.
    great job as usual.
    Cheers
  16. Langenberg Active Member

United-States
    Tag. Great start, I'll be following this.
  17. Langenberg Active Member

United-States
    Tag. Great start, I'll be following this.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Daniel, Bob, thank you. I have another couple of projects on the go at the same time so hopefully I won't get bored with this one. What is in my favour is there's quite a mixture of uniforms to paint.

Roger.
  19. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great start Roger. Is that how they will be displayed or will you be creating a diorama. Following.(y)

Cheers Ken
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Ken, I think I will display them like this,for the time being at least. I did think about a diorama but it would take up too much space.

Roger.