1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lets say hello

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by hondafan, Jul 5, 2016.

1. hondafan New Member

Hi all,

I am from Belgium and as you see in my nickname i like Honda (motorcycles)
    I also like scalemodeling, all WW2 tanks, cars, ...

I am going to buy my first bust tomorrow and as i have never painted something like that i tought this forum is a good place to start.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Hondafan,

Thanks for joining our forum and taking your first steps into the magical land of figures and busts. Please show us the bust you bought and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Every one of us was a newbie at figures and busts once upon a time, and we're generally pretty helpful.

We have a separate forum for beginners to post photos and ask questions and I would encourage you to start there.

Welcome aboard.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A big welcome from me, I hope you enjoy what happens here.

Paul
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome to Planet Figure. :)
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Honda!

See, you think of motorcycles, but your forum handle makes me think of the director of the original "Godzilla," Ishiro Honda :D

I look forward to seeing your work!

Prost!
    Brad
  6. hondafan New Member

Thank you all for the welcome.

@Tonydawe as soon as i have it pictures will be placed. I hope it arrives tomorrow ;)

@theBaron however i like the original Godzilla, lets say i am a bigger fan of Soichiro Honda
    peedee likes this.
  7. Nap A Fixture

England
    A big welcome Honda

Looking forward to seeing your models

Enjoy your visits to PF

Nap
  8. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome aboard all it takes is one . And the figure bug will bite you .
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome to another Belgian
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome!

You guys over there on the left, yeah... you - the hairy one wearing the beanie with the propeller and you - in the green and pink polka dot shirt, move over and make room for Mr. Honda. Ah...good. Thanks. Now are we all comfy? Let's begin...
    ;)
    All the best,
    Dan
  11. hondafan New Member

Hehe, thank you all for the welcome.

BTW: the bust has arrived today, nog i need to go shopping, but first pictures will come today ;)
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Greetings hondafan, and welcome to the Planet (y)!

Joe
  13. stoffy01 A Fixture

Australia
    Hi hondafan,
    Yes you have come to the right place if you need a hand with learning some techniques for painting and sculpting etc etc. I might add that there's some nice little tutorials on youtube for painting which I've found very helpful as well.
    All the best,
    Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  14. hondafan New Member

yeah, at the moment i am following a tutorial for the bust i have (but have not worked on it for a few weeks)
    But i think thoise tutorials are very handy indeedn
    that and the help of members here, and i am sure it will work out as it should ;)