1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lest We Forget, Royal Navy Leading Seaman

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MCPWilk, Aug 22, 2020.

1. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is now available from Gordon. The original figure with details of rank etc. can be found here: https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/tribute-to-veterans-falklands-war-1982-scale-1-9.257970/

It is worth noting that Branch Badges are worn on the right arm. A single fouled anchor on the left arm indicates a Leading Hand, and the Good Conduct Badges are the chevrons below, awarded after four, eight (and twelve) years. All badges are now in gold braid.

I have added a column with a hanging White Ensign and extended the half figure to just below the waist belt. I will add a bayonet in its scabbard if Gordon wants a full figure. There are two small plaques with Falklands 1982 and 1939 - 45 on them to be placed across the lower half of the ensign. The SLR is the early model with wooden stock, hand and foregrips. You could easily use a SMLE if you preferred - 'square rig' has been in use for over a century. If you don't want the base or ensign, you can cut the base off and do your own thing.

P7220001.JPG

P7220005.JPG

P7220007.JPG

P7220020.JPG

P7220017.JPG

HMS Clyde LH picture..jpg

Leading Seaman.jpg

Happy modelling,

Mike
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nap likes this.
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Mike

Looks impressive but is it available without the base ?

Not see anything from Grod ref its availability I think ?

Will we see your painted version ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    MCPWilk likes this.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You will see my painted version. I'm sure that Gordon can cut the column off for you. I suggest you p.m. him.

Mike
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks excellent, the base I think gives it meaning
    Steve
    MCPWilk likes this.
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have separated the base and half-figure for those who wish to do their own thing . Hopefully it will be available from Gordon shortly.

Mike
    Nap likes this.