1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Les Grognard 1/16 sculpt

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by stoffy01, Dec 5, 2016.

1. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding workmanship, it's going to look great when finished.
    napoleonpeart and stoffy01 like this.
  2. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I am humbled by your comment, thank you :)
    Regards
    Chris.
  3. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Chris

HNY to you mate and my goodness this is coming along nicely , lve the pouch work , glad you beefed it up a bit. , did you make sword from basic ms shape and sanded down?

Thanks for sharing , I find it quite satisfying when something comes together ...even though mine is nowhere near as complicated as yours ..and has no legs or arms ...thankfully ..lol

Keep updating ..following

Nap
    stoffy01 likes this.
  5. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Nap,
    Happy new year to you as well. The sabre and bayonet are wire with roughly the same mix of GS and milliput. I've then sanded it, will need to add details onto it when attaching it.
    Currently finishing off the arms which I've been changing and thickening as they would have been double or triple layered with clothing. I think I'll then move to the cowhide knap sack and do that and then start attaching the arms after. All the while I'm trying to keep attention to anything that needs tidying up or filling, I don't want to rush and miss things or do a half arsed job. Thanks for keeping an eye on my sculpt and the support, I know you've been busy doing yours and it's coming along well, we should be regarded as Leonardo's in our fields by the end of the year ;)
    Regards
    Chris.
    Scotty and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi PFer's,
    Been a little while from last update, so....
    [IMG]
    This is where I'm at, so with time allowing, I've spent a few times adding and removing the arms. I wasn't happy with where I had positioned them as they looked to long, or to thin or not enough creases etc. Still not 100% sold but anyway I'm not far off and maybe just a sand here or their.
    Have done majority of knapsack and will be playing with the straps and buckles. It's a slow process, time consuming but enjoyable when I can fit in.
    Cheers
    Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  7. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Have several more pics...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Chris :)

8. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Pfer's,
    An update on my sculpt....

[IMG]

Will be looking at the hands holding the musket along with some cleanup as well.
    Cheers,
    Chris.

9. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Update with the left had pretty much completed.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Thanks for looking
    Regards
    Chris.

napoleonpeart and Scotty like this.
  10. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent work on that hand, I know they are notoriously difficult to get right.
    Scotty.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  11. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Scotty,
    Thanks mate, I've sort of been a little on the apprehensive side approaching this part. Mind you It's kinda been a rollercoaster with the whole sculpt as some of it has come together with minimal work and alot needs to be redone more than twice. The arms were taken off and repositioned, rebulked and sanded about four times over. The left hand has come together ok and it's actually helped that it separated from the arm so I can get to it easier. I would like to attempt adding some veins so we'll see how that pans out.
    Cheers
    Chris.

Scotty likes this.
  12. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    I takes courage to strip off the good work you've done if it doesn't feel right. Well done.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  13. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Pfer's,
    Just posting the final stages of my sculpture before I prime it for painting. What started out as a project that had no real finish line has turned into something that I'm reasonably happy with. I'm happy with the fact that I've managed to get it to a finished point ready to paint. I've appreciated the feedback and positive comments from the members, and eternally greatful for the advice. The last stages were the hands and again the arms that were again changed as they were still not right. So I'll post on WIP for the painting part in the near future with he better quality digital slr.[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Chris.

14. Nap Moderator

England
    Chris

The emperor would be proud...looks good mate you took on the challenge , learnt so much ( as we all did ) and ended up with a very impressive result

Looking forward to the painting in V bench

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    stoffy01 likes this.
  15. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thanks Nap,
    If you look carefully, under the right hand is half a choc chip.
    Chris.

napoleonpeart likes this.