1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Les etains du Graal viking drakkar

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ubbi, Oct 5, 2009.

1. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    I was looking about news of this figure and today i've found the advertising in a Magazine. I don't know the reason why there is not in the ufficial site of the firm.. Sorry but I've only this image .

121.jpg

stefano
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Stefano. What scale is it?
    Carl.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    They are about 100mm...........and expensive. They have quite a few Vikings shown on their website when I looked months ago.
  4. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Hi Carl , it is 100mm
  5. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Yes it could be expensive.. 120 euro
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Yes it is expensive £110, nice, but not that nice.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great figure.
    But that price is also great.???? I wonder. Let me see.
    We have two figure's and a base. 100 mm. Well that's about €30 a figure. A 100 mm round cost us more, it's much the same as a 54mm.
    Not that i can effort it, but i think we must consider if the price is to high...
    Marc
  8. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    You have probably reason Marc, if we consider also i've ordered the new Pegaso viking in 90mm and the cost is around the 70 euro ::eek:
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    The possible issue for me, is that from what i have heard they are not at the same sculpting standards and quality as Pegaso...i wonder if someone has painted one of these tolet us know more ...
  10. Einion Well-Known Member

That seems a fair assessment. From the pics I've seen (e.g. here or here) they look to be more the standard of collectors figures, which isn't as high as we're generally used to now.

A few of them would definitely be worth buying if they were inexpensive - so you kinda get what you pay for - but being pricey they're certainly not worth it IMO.

Einion
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Exactly thats what i mean Einion. the sculpting looks a bit harsh and not at the high standards of the miniatures we are used to buy and paint. And as you say an expensive price is setting you back for getting them

Costas
  12. Calvin Member

There was a local store here with some of them on display, like the Knights of the Round Table and some pieces from the Lord of the Rings series. These pieces are second to none and the casting quality is top notch. If 120 euros for two 100m figures plus a setting is expensive so i guess that current prices for 90mm figures should be considered exorbitant.
  13. Einion Well-Known Member

Second to none? To be fair they're about the best they do but even at that they're not a match for the best sculpting available to us now in a few key areas: they're a little lacking in finesse and fine detail, especially evident in things like the mail texture which frankly can be crude. As far as their entire range goes the quality is often a lot lower, above all the anatomy tends to be a little off, with poses that can be stiff to say the least; sorta like the general standard in historical figures from about 30 years ago.

Einion
  14. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    I think perhaps, it depends also how old is the figure, some figures effectively as you say aren't top for finesse and pose ..but some figures aren't so bad in my opinion ...these for example :

MA060.jpg MA069.jpg

and even if for the little we can see, the vikings with the drakkar prow seem quite good..

Stefano
  15. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    [IMG]

[IMG]

pretty nice 1/18th scale figs.