1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Les Braves Chevaliers Suisse

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Dec 11, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    thanks Roger, can't wait to start painting this uniform.
    cheers
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Marc, the three laces on the right and left point opposite to the ones on the pales,that is the pattern they made those leces on the uniform.
    On a regular coat you will have 3 large buttons under the right lapel and you will have 3 button holes on the left hand side.
    in here is the same but with the lace facing opposite.
    Thanks for looking.
    cheers
  3. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Great idea and start - i look forward !

Hendryk
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I understand and see it. But on the picture it seems that the buttons (laces) are just a little away from the side as the buttons above those three. If i look at the drawings they are in line.

Marc
  5. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Its a harrowing but amazing story these guys have. I'm sure you will do them the relevant justice.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Hendryk (y)
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Marc , sorry but i am not follow what are you trying to point out.
    I would like to fix it but trying to understand what area should be the one you mentioned :(
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks for your words, i hope i could do a good or decent work on this one.
    It takes so many hours to fix the lace that is almost painful.
    Best regards
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I'll try again.
    There are 7 laces on the blue rim. The last three (counting from up to down) on the blue on the right side seems a little bit away from the edge of the blue if I compare these with the four above. On the left side they are perfect in line.
    In the scetches they look also in line.

Marc
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I think i understand what are you refereing to.
    thanks for point that out to me,i really appreciate your comments/suggestions.
    best regards
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I smashed few of the laces today and i wanted to kick myself in the butt.
    but i was able to make a better positioning on the laces and i am really happy with it, call it a happy accident.
    I primed the figure few minutes ago.
    cleaned it up thoroughly with alcohol, heat it up with a hair dryer for few minutes and applied the primer.
    Gave the figure around 3 light coats of primer, then i let it dry or 15 minutes and applied some heat for few mins. with the hair dryer.
    I 've also tilted his head a little bit to the side and modified hi lips and opened them to give it the scene and role i want for this guard,i used a sharp exacto knife to opened the mouth and then i use greenstuff to build up his lips , call it a plastic surgery for free! :D

keeping on :) DSC03674.JPG DSC03675.JPG DSC03676.JPG DSC03674.JPG DSC03675.JPG DSC03676.JPG
    ChaosCossack and Lasalle like this.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Definitely a happy accident Daniel, the lace looks well..... as does the rest.

Roger.
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Roger! , it's a painstaking process with the laces , my eyes still recovering from it :arghh:
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello planetters, i have made a little progress on this guard.
    I have finished the head,lights and shadows,eyes and lips.
    Basecoated the hair and hat.
    For the face:
    Base; vallejo salmon rose,burnt umber and cavalry brown.
    Lights; base + sunny skintone
    shadows ; base + saddle brown.
    cheers DSC03677.JPG DSC03678.JPG DSC03679.JPG DSC03680.JPG DSC03681.JPG
    ChaosCossack, Lasalle and billyturnip like this.