1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Legion Miniatures news!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Andrey, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Andrey A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Hi all!
    We want to release a series of works by famous Russian sculptors in Legion Miniatures. Everything will be under the general name "Old school is the best school!" The works of one of the best world masters, Andrei Bleskin, will be presented first.
    Please express your opinion on the material from which the figures should be made: resin or white metal.
    Knight at the beginning of the 13th century.
    90 mm scale kit

image.jpeg DSCN9715.JPG DSCN9716.JPG DSCN9717.JPG DSCN9719.JPG DSCN9720.JPG DSCN9721.JPG DSCN9724.JPG DSCN9723.JPG DSCN9725.JPG DSCN9726.JPG 41PORFB0z-L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  2. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Great idea,and the first release looks very good
    Andrey likes this.
  3. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    (QUOTE) - "Please express your opinion on the material from which the figures should be made: resin or white metal."

I think BOTH mediums mixed in the same package is the best balance.

RESIN - Holds detail MUCH better than metal and of course (especially for larger scale figs/vignettes) is MUCH cheaper to post around the world as high post costs are often a 'deal breaker' when making an overseas purchasing decision. As such, this surely maximises sales potentials?

METAL - Greatly superior for stuff such as sword blades and straps etc; the former are often a joke in resin and no matter how much heat you use to 'reshape' them, they (more often than not) seem to always revert back as though with a 'memory' to the bent shape in which they were originally packaged....or simply break. Nothing looks worst that a superbly painted figure with a bent sword or a warped spear shaft / flag pole.

Others may have different thoughts?
    Gary
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Andrey

Thanks for sharing this exciting future project/release ...when are you anticipating this being released ?

Using such respected sculptor and a bigger scale as well is a good idea ....will they be released in any other scales?

Like the head and weapon option and the plain shield ...a blank canvas

As for my thoughts on materials

For the main figure - Resin and for the weapons metal as explained by Gary in the post above

Look forward to more updates

Happy releasing

Nap
    aknific likes this.
  5. Andrey A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Release of the first figures is scheduled for May. We’ll think about weapons, it’s just that two different people will make it, which can increase the cost of the figure.
    grasshopper likes this.
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    There is no one best material..resin for main piece, to save shipping weight..metal for detail likely broken..PE for other bits, wire still other. And within that metal isn’t generic, some alloys top others..viz original Poste Militaire vs later..and resin that’s soft, or brittle, or slathered in release agent..and then printed ....cool topic w no right or wrong..within new constraints of life may be need for further adjustments..say home printers and downloading..
  7. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Cost is an important element, but with so many releases out there, perhaps a few, really amazing ones top many price point ones
  8. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    resin(y)
    Blind Pew and Andrey like this.
  9. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great project and an amazing first release, although I am of an age when Metal was it, I now like the resin as its much easier to hack at to carve in undercuts where required and create minor conversions but I can identify with the need for metal weapons etc, however I am sure we can work around the bendy resin swords if it makes it less expensive to produce, looking forward to seeing more added to the range.
    TERRY
    Blind Pew likes this.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I remember this figure once released under the flag of Aquila Modelavia - great sculpt. I vote for resin.
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    I'm with Gary bulk resin with a few parts white metal, failing that look at other materials, for instance carbon fibre for lances, spears etc.
    Steve
    clrsgt and grasshopper like this.
  12. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Good looking figure. I agree with both Gary and Steve about materials.
  13. taliesin2013 Active Member

Resine. Very good work
  14. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Resin. With delicate stuff in metal....
  15. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Resin for the body parts and white metal for sword etc.Nice looking figure.
  16. Andrey A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    We order a steel sword blade for this figure. Not cast namely steel made to order.
  17. Romariogendalf A Fixture

Greece
    The first release will be in resin + metal.
    The second in metal
    aknific and Nap like this.