1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Le Hire, Battle of Patay 1429

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Babelfish, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    More or less done with this one now. Just a couple of touch-ups (face, axe handle) to do before painting the pedestal and mounting him on a base.

Oils over acrylics, except the face which is all acrylic and an experiment with using the airbrush technique employed so effectively by our very own (and very talented) Mark "Gothic Geek" Bennett (thanks again for the demo in Leeds the other week Mark, if you're reading this).

My first ever bust, and a great "character" piece from Young Miniatures. Also the first face I've ever painted in this scale. Reasonably happy with it for a first attempt, and hope to improve on it in future paints.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

I'll probably never win any prizes for photography, but you should get the idea. Thanks for taking the time to look.

- Steve

(Title should be "La Hire" but I can't change it!)
    crf, Mark S, Redcap and 3 others like this.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Steve a very fine result on the face given that it's a first time at this scale.
    But......the armour, straps and axe handle are beautifully done XenForoThumbsup_zpsb717ef9c.gif
    D*mn fine job
    Cheers
    Derek
  3. Moriartea New Member

Singapore
    The face looks great for a first attempt and the metals are a beaut. :happy:

Cheers,
    Kelly
  4. housecarl Forum Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks excellent Steve.
    Carl.
  5. Ju-Won Jung Active Member

Looks very cool. I sculpted this when I was working in the Young Miniatures.. The product was one of the challenges for the company :) Thank you for sharing with us.
    crf, Babelfish, Redcap and 2 others like this.
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Nice painting
    Like particularly all the metal parts
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice. Perhaps Mark could do an SBS on the facial airbrush technique.
  8. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hope to see this in the flesh (resin) next week Steve. You have made excellent progress since I saw it last - well done mate!
    Gary
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good painting on the metals.

marc
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent painting. Pretty cool to get the sculptor to praise your work too.:happy:
    Babelfish likes this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the positive feedback, fellow paint-flingers. And thanks again for looking.

- Steve