1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Le fonde de la giberne 54mm flat.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Dec 21, 2008.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I started this 54mm flat from Glorious Empires on friday and haven't been able to stop :eek:

[IMG]

Le fonde de la giberne was painted by Edourd Detaille & Alphonse Neuville and shows a wounded soldier giving his cartridges to another soldier during the Battle of Champigny during the Franco Prussian war 1870-71.

[IMG]

http://www.invalides.org/images/14-18-light fiches DRHAP/giberne.pdf

Still got some way to go but this is how far I have got;

[IMG]
  2. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like it a lot,nice reds

Jay
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Roger. I enjoy painting flats myself and you have done an excellent job with this one.
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Beautiful painting Roger.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's really impressive
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful work Roger. I'd like to get this flat myself.

Jason
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  8. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, Roger. Looking forward to seeing the final product. Thanks for sharing this with us.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Pat, I've just replied to you at the "flatties" forum too:)

Roger
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive painting so far.

Marc
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Roger.

I think we have found a new brilliant flat painter. Looks really good. And you are very quick, but only month painting and one month on sea. So you must do during that month at home a lot of things (painting, beer brewing) which you can´t do at sea.

Ulrich
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :eek: Thank you Ulrich.

There's a lot of things that I have to get done in a month and then it's back to dreaming of them for another.

Roger
  13. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    Very well done - I agree that you have a real talent for flats, managing to give them convincing depth. Nice one!

All the best,
    Dan
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Dan. This one is nearly finished just waiting for a base to arrive and then I'll get it mounted. I'll post some photo's when it's finished.

I have more flats on the way from Germany & France. There's some interesting subjects in the pipeline which will test how well I actually am at this flat painting lark.

Roger