1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Le Capitaine 1805 Andrea Miniatures 90mm

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Edorta, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Hi to all, this is one of my latest in a big scale. It is a captain of hussars, 4th Regiment, elite company, France. The figure is made by Andrea Miniatures and is perfectly casted and the assembly is easy, but it has a lot of work, because is better to paint the pieces first and then mount them all, especially the sabretache and saber.
    Painted using acrylics, all comments welcome.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia

Attached Files:

Mike Stevens, Oda, arj and 19 others like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wow , very excellent work

Mobo
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautifully done.

Mike
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    amazing work.
    I always lost some paint with glueing pieces together. So I assemble as much as I can.
    Any recommadations or a how to by painting and assembling first??

Marc
  5. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Quality work as always Eduardo!
    Congratulations!!!
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Hi Marc, as you can see the pelisse covers the attachment of sabretache and sable, so I paint those pieces first, I always use nails glued to the parts, to fix all the pieces, head, arms etc, it is more secure and allows to hold the pieces from those nails to paint them. You can drill a hole to introduce a nail made of steel, iron, copper or brass.
    For example, this musket in 54mm. I used a piece of wire glued to the butt, I can hold it using a clothes peg and handle it cosily to paint it, in this case, the musket is glued to a drilled hole, made in the ground, and glued at the same time to a hand of the figure, so we have two attachment points.
    Sometimes, depending of the figure you can assembly all the pieces first and then paint them , but the most of the time is necessary to left some pieces apart, for example the figures at horses. Me too, I prefer to assembly the most I can before painting.

Fusil.jpg
  8. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work, particularly the gold lace! The mustache looks a bit odd though. Is it perhaps upside down?

Jason
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands

Thanks Eduardo.
    I also pin as much as i can. Sometimes, it doesn't fit excactly as it whas unpainted, and then the mess begin. Paint is coming off, glue is running where it not should be etc.
    Therefore I assemble most at the time the whole figure before painting. I'm very pleased to read that you do the same.

I think Jason is right. .... the moustache is upside down.

Marc
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    I think you're right,(y) the upturned position brought by the tips of the mustache confused me, and I thought it was the right one, I had to put it in its direction and then bend the tips upwards.

Perseas likes this.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

Im really glad to see how you've made this peice. Thanks for sharing your tips on the build.

Cheers

Huw
    Perseas likes this.
  12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely painted. Thanks for the tips.
    Cheers
    John
  13. chailey Active Member

England
    Splendid work on the gold lace, I started painting this kit several years ago but gave up due to the complexity, theirs only so many tiny details I can paint before my patience goes into melt-down!
  14. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb painting and very detailed. Well done. (y)
    Perseas likes this.
  15. Roland Meng Active Member

Hungary
    Nice Painting,i really like the Result!
  16. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Perseas likes this.
  17. Cannonball A Fixture

Lovely paintwork, great tones and love the lacework.
  18. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States