1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lazybones

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Made some corrections with the pose, etc. etc., and here you go! As usual - everything is in 120mm. Hope you like it! The photos were taken outside in dim sunshine, so not the best lighting. I also shot all the photos looking down and at an angle to the figure, so perspective may be a little distorted by the sorta three-quarters view. The bag holds a phenate hexamine or PH gas mask. This is one of the early gas masks produced in 1916 and not as successful as the 1917 'small box' respirator. If you look closely you may be able to see that I made him a corporal with one wound stripe.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And, speaking of PH gas masks - I took two heads and made 'em! No, they actually have nothing to do with this figure. Just wanted to see if I could do it. May use them on a later figure or whatever. The PH masks were thick cloth with chemicals impregnated inside and on the layers of cloth, the idea being to detox the airborne war gases. Vision was very poor - two glass lenses mounted in brass fittings. You turn your head abruptly either direction and guess what? You can't see a thing 'cos the lenses are now over your ears. Laugh a minute that World War I, huh? The little pipe thingie with the whatever on the mask is the exhalation valve.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Comments - as always -very welcome! Next week the figure goes to Roger Newsome in Yorkshire for painting. Stay tuned - should be good fun from Rog! I may ask Ray Lantz to make some resin copies of the PH gas mask heads.

All the best,
    Dan