1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latorre Viking

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by johnbrewer, Oct 11, 2004.

1. johnbrewer New Member

Excellent figure Rob. You have really got me thinking now. I was blown away by the Moon landing figure at Euro and the shadow could be done on this one as well.
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It is a brave thing to do; Einion and me were chatting about this sort of thing at Euro; trouble is it's a 2D visual effect that works well in photos, but can break down when viewed in 3D.

If you take it on, good luck!
  3. johnbrewer New Member

Hooray progress!

Attached Files:

4. johnbrewer New Member

Other side

Attached Files:

5. johnbrewer New Member

The face, I think that 75mm plus is more my size!.

Attached Files:

6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Doing great John........that size is tough isn't it. I still have this one high up on my list to paint. Keep up the super work.
  7. johnbrewer New Member

There are so many excellent figures in this scale Guy, I find it so frustrating that I cannot seem to get it right. Perhaps a good time to remeber the saying if at first you do not suceed try, try again.
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I must say, on the topic of the size of Latorre's figures, that they are indeed rather small and thin, even for 54mm... I have the dragoon he did for metal modeles, and it is dwarfed by the others in that range ...
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Looking great allready. I have mine almost cleaned up, and seeing yours makes me want to start painting it even more. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm curious to see what other colours for the tunic yo have chosen.

Keep up the great work,

Gino
  10. johnbrewer New Member

Hi Gino, I am still undecided on the tunic colour, but I am getting it down to a couple now.
  11. johnbrewer New Member

bit of work done on the shield. I have scribed in the plank lines on the back. The front of the shield will be weathered usinf the dot technique that Adrian Bay used on his Roman.

Attached Files:

12. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking good matey. I am looking forward to seeing this baby at Huddersfield

Robin
  13. johnbrewer New Member

a bit more progress on the figure. as you can see the shirt is a plae pink colour. the first attempt was VERY Barbie looking and redone. I am aiming to but a pattern around the sleeve ends and the shirt bottom. Hopefully when the wrappings on the keggings are done the figure and base will be put together.

Attached Files:

14. johnbrewer New Member

Slow but steady progress, hopefully. I will soon be in the position to attach arms, etc. I take my hat off to anyone who paints these 54mm figures well, a bit too small for me. however a good learning experiance. Megroot you inspired this journey I have got a lot from it.

Attached Files:

15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He is looking great John....I like the color of the cloak. Excellent painting of the chain mail too. I look forward to seeing the next stage.
  16. johnbrewer New Member

Thank you for the kind words Guy. I will own up to the painting of the chain mail is just washes over with Windsor and Newton Blue Black. A really thin wash just built up layer by layer, it is so simple i could not really call it painting.
  17. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    It's coming along great John. I also like the tunic and the shield. Keep up the good work mate.
  18. johnbrewer New Member

In what may prove to be a mad rush I have joined figure and base together. No room for the torch idea so i will go with the suggestion put forward by Guy for the Urn. A few more bits to piant, who i am kidding loads to go but I fell I am getting somewhere. Thanks for the kind comment Kisifer

Attached Files: