1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latorre Northumbrian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Robin, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

This is my second Acrylic figure, I am begining to enjoy the acrylics. This is also one of my stash of 3 of these little beauties I have.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Comments welcome

Robin
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Hey Robin, how about sharing the colors you used? I like the way it's turning out.

Jim Patrick
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good start Robin. I can't wait to see him all finished.
  4. fsdesimone Member

Looking forward to seeing this Robin. I have this figure as well, but haven't done anything with it yet. I like seeing everyone's different versions though.
  5. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    HI All

Thanks for the comments and the encouragement upto now. I have been shading and highlighting him today the latest pics are further down.

Robin

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Lookin great Robin.....keep those brushes wet.
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Robin,

It is looking nice. How do you like the switch from oils to the acrylics?

Joe
  8. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Joe

I have been thinking about doing it for years I admire the finish these guys get with em. It was the wife that really sort of shoved it, she sorta said instead of yapping about it get em bought and try it so.... here I am. Its a different mindset for acrylics a more (and I must stress this is just my opinion) precise paint in as much as you lay the high or shadow where you want it theres no shoving the paint around as you can with oils. All in all I am begining to enjoy it. One or two minor setbacks but aren't they partof what draws you to the hobby.

Jim

As far as colours are concerned I wanted a purplely colour its a mix of 814 burnt Cad Red , 884 Stone grey and 815 basic flesh. I did use white at first and didn't like it, for highs I just added more 815 and for shadows I added 166 dark grey.

There are some newer pics again after tonight I had a convo with a certain Anders and we decided that the highs weren't high enough so I have added some more with a really light final, still don't know if its all there. To be fair the pics don't show it right, gonna have to get me a coloured background to shoot against.

Have a look huys gimme all the crit and comments you want. I am thick skinned :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Robin
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Robin!

I like these highlights better now, makes them pop out more to show the beautifully sculpted folds.

The faded look is very appropriate. Keep it up mate!
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I think it looks great. My acrylics should look so good :lol:

Keith