1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

LaTorre Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Raul Latorre has announced his latest release of a Saxon Warrior. The photos show that he can have an optional sheild for his left hand.

Saxon Warrior 5th Century
    54mm white metal
    sculpted by Raul Garcia Latorre
    painted by Raul Garcia Latorre

[IMG]

[IMG]

Latorre Models web site

More photos in next posting
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Additional photos

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    WOW! Cool piece! This may be a must have. Great "I dare ya" pose. I also like the simple ice groundwork in the sample. Makes me shivvvvvvvvvver.

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. nagashino New Member

Hello Guy

This is a beautiful sculpt and paint job, and I'm sure, like his Northumbrian, everyone will want to paint it.

I'd be interested to know what he used for reference when designing it. IMHO it has a somewhat "fantastic" look about it.

Nice though!

Thanks for posting it!
  5. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Like this guy; but does Raul have tiny ankles too? Is that why all his latest have thin ankles? especially under those gaiters
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    ok not many words . Is in the list
  7. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    On his website, he says its "nearer to fantasy than historical". So deflecting the inaccurate comments straight away.

I see this as more of a companion piece to the Andrea Elf, myself

(NB - on another forum, people who do 28mm fantasy say this is a good bridge between historical and fantasy and are tempted to paint it)
  8. jjgurk Member

United-States
    I like this one.

John
  9. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I like this one, must have,

I wouldn’t want to pick an argument with him..... :lol:

Dave
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I like it,

No i want have it, i am a good boy. :lol: The gray army is bigger now than i thought one year ago.
    So many beautifull figure's. :) Thanks to work so little time to paint. :angry:
    At the outher hand he is looking at me and says, you really want me isn't it??

Marc
  11. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    That's one handsome viking.
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The figure is okay, better than some of his other more recent offerings, although the lower legs and ankles bug me a bit. Nothing wrong with a little psuedo-historical figure every once in awhile. What I really like and would not mind knowing is how he achieved it is the ice effect on the groundwork. It looks very very convincing. Any thoughts?~Gary
  13. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great piece indeed but I will pass.. not my period not my type of figures that i like to paint.
    Regarding the ice, I would think white glue for wood, dried, painted and some short of semi-gloss varnish on top???

Xenofon
  14. AndreasBennwik Member

Sweden
    I personally think that the somewhat tiny ankles gives a great character to the figure, this is another great figure from Raul.

Best Regards!
  15. arthur Member

Canada
    WoW,
    Truly superb. Will have to get him :)
    Thank you Raul!
    Cheers,
    A.
  16. JP PRAJOUX Member

I think this figure is full of personality but even stamped as a fantasy figure I still find the anatomy very wierd (very tall with a small head....)
    Too bad :(
    Bye JP
  17. AndreasBennwik Member

Sweden
    I agree that the anathomy is a bit "weird" but in my opinion that is what makes Rauls figures a bit original, I think the anathomy gives more expression without making it look wrong, reminds me of Norman Rockwell.

Best Regards.
  18. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It's just dawned on me:

this is from the King Arthur movie........

the battle on the ice scene.......

where's my prize :lol:

so, yes, total fantasy!!!!! ;)
  19. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Gary....you and me both...excellent effect.

Roy.
  20. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's what I was thinking. I like hollywood figures, I might just go for this one.