1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latorre Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Robin Hood, The Legend of Sherwood
    54mm white metal
    sculpted and painted by Raul Latorre

Latorre Web Site

[IMG]
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well,

Just when I say to myself I am not going to buy anything else! I gotta have this one good or bad. ;)

Joe
  3. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    That is one sweet piece. He just keeps turning out the good stuff. :lol:
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well a real surprise! Different but fun!

fair play :lol:
  5. Brad S Member

Wow! I might have to have this one too. One question though. I know that latoore does some beautiful work, but this guys legs look really long compared to the rest of his body. Is it just the picture and my eyes are messed up from the optivisor?

Brad Spelts
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brad, The legs do look like they may be a bit long. I'm also not really crazy over the "costume" Latorre has chosen. The tunic/shirt would probably look better if it were longer. I talked with Joe Hudson about it and he said he'd remove the leg ties and make him look like he was wearing "tights" like in the movie.~Gary
  7. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Not my sort of subject but WOW - what a figure!!!!
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Can't be Robin Hood, doesn't look anything like Errol Flyn :lol:
  9. Pete_H New Member

Yeah, I'm that dumb guy who forgot to log in.
  10. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    The legs does look way to long, like crazy long, but I am sure (more hope?) that such an accomplished artist as Latorre would know what he is doing.

Not one of his better efforts IMHO.

I do look forward to see your version of him though Joe!
  12. Pete_H New Member

Anders,
    You know what? You've got a very good point. For that matter, the entire body looks too elongated. Would I buy it? Not particularly. Besides, not enough camo.
  13. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Maybe he is not tall at all, just thin? Those forest mushrooms can't be very nutricious after all! :lol:

Body language and detail seem exceptional to me, not to mention the paintjob and that groundwork...

I like him!

Marijn
  14. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    There's always a comment or two about anatomy regarding Latorres work, but as Marijn says, maybe he's just thin.

Amazing how with miniatures we tend to look for the ideal with figures. Especially when the species is full of such variety!

Anatomically, the figure could be based on me, as I'm 6 1 tall, with inside leg measurement of 36"; nearly 1/2 my height! Those who have met me know I'm pretty skinny too (30" waist). Freak maybe ( :lol: ).

Just on the lean side, not wrong!

and the sculpting looks great, as does the whole piece. But the ourfit could do with some work
  15. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I wouldn't say you were a freak mate not at all. Tall skinny dood maybe, rather than my rather how can I put it more rounded shape.

Robin
  16. Einion Well-Known Member

You're not round Robin, you're robust, has a much nicer ring to it don't you think?! :lol:

From the proportions I'd have to say he looks more like Little John's height, but since this is a fantasy subject we can cut it more slack than we might otherwise. I have to say though, he looks like he wouldn't be much in the intellect department with that cranium!

Einion
  17. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Wouldn't meet too many women with that outfit on either! :eek:

Rob, I'm skinny too. Funny thing I've always found is that those who remind me I'm skinny usually need to drop about 100 pounds. After telling me I'm skinny, they proceed to tell me about their latest diet as they shove 4 pounds of beef into their mouthes.
  18. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I am working on and off the 42 Highlander from Elite that Latorre sculpted. Now, that dude is skinny... :lol:

fyi, I am on the thin side myself... :)

Keith
  19. Patrick Kirk New Member

I am not an expert in the area of carb counting, but lets face it, running around ol Sherwood Forrest trying to find Maid Marion or raid tax revenue would make any man a lil "wirey." :lol:

The painting of the piece is awesome...the light contrast might also add to the "wirey" appearance.
  20. Larry R New Member

I would think any man in tights in a forrest would be thin!! At least in WVa!!