1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latorre Models / Toison Studio CLOSE

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Latorre Models, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Latorre Models Active Member

Spain
    Dear customers / distributors:

TOISON STUDIO S. C. The attention of all concerned to cease all business related to the brand itself and the exercise management and distribution TOISON STUDIO/ LATORRE MODELS performed on the brand, effective December 31, 2013.

The complications of trying to reconcile the respective labor professions each of the partners to the work of brand development and management of Latorre Models catalog have been rather difficult to make this decision.

TOISON STUDIO leads the management and distribution of LATORRE MODELS. The decision to close the label affects latorremodel catalog, so this brand has taken the decision to temporarily close it until further notice.

Therefore, until the actual closing activity, December 31, 2013, TOISON STUDIO will proceed to liquidate the stock of figures, both of their catalog like latorremodels, with reductions in the figures, to be established in web store http://latorremodels.com/newshop/

From this moment, all orders will be taken by the date specified above, in which the website will be no commercial activity. After that date, any request shall be accepted, although the activity of the brand will end once all orders have been shipped.

The Toison Studio crew would like to thank both private customers and our dealers have trusted our brand. Also we apologize to those who may have been affected by delays in orders management.

TOISON STUDIO MANAGERS

Attached Files:

jerry likes this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    What sad news. Latorre is one of my favourite sculptors. I predict a rush to secure remaining stocks of the classic Latorre range before they become collectors' pieces.
  4. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm not quite sure that this means the Latorre brand has gone for ever, but sad news whatever.

I've just stocked up on a few figures, I've got plenty in the grey army but didn't want to risk not being able to source these in the future. One of my favourite sculptors, I hope we see more figures in the future.
  5. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Very sad news I agree. Latorre is a superb sculptor and I have several of his pieces. I sincerely hope this is not the last we see of his work.
    napoleonpeart and housecarl like this.
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  8. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It'd be a criminal waste if these disappear. Some classic figures.

This is a real shame :(
  9. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is just horrible news. As others have astutely pointed out, you are one of the top five world class sculptors in the business. I hope that you will continue to offer your work through other manufacturers at the very least.
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Raul was one of my favourite sculptors but recently he's not been at his best if you compare it with his earlier stuff.I think he'll probably sculpt fantasy figures as that's where his best work was coming from.
    Brian
    tomifune likes this.
  11. Bimmer3.5csl Active Member

Greece
    Ι love Latorre figures.This one of my favourite sculptors!!!!!This is a very bad news :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    I hope to be temporary and to return very soon....
    Without Latorre pieces, the world of the figure will be poor......!!!!!!!!:cry::cry:
  12. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thats bad too hear, but my grey army is too much
  13. MalcC A Fixture

England
  14. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have just come aware of latorre figure's via a purchase of a piece from Dave Mitchell's grey army " you want it backDave it will cost you dearly ":ROFLMAO:

Seriously though any loss to the hobby is sad

ron
    MalcC likes this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I just purchased a figure that i have been contemplating to buy for quite some time.
    i bought it as soon as i saw this post.
    hopefully it will be in my hands soon....
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    It will really be a pity if this great sculptor's works will not be available any more ...