1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latest try at Heeres Splittermuster

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mvonb, Feb 27, 2006.

1. mvonb Member

I stripped the Alpine figure and has another go at this scheme. There are areas that need relining and some touch ups. Any comments on colours and technique are more than welcome.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

MfG

Martin
  2. Kyle Member

United-States
    This is looking very nice, Martin. My recollection is this is the one where at first you were not happy with your German grey shading on the jacket. Correct? If so, I think this darker presentation looks better!

Kyle
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Martin, It looks good so far. So who's work is your inspiration for doing camouflage?~Gary
  4. mvonb Member

Cheers Kyle, that was infact another figure woth the poorly rendered grey. I have posted a couple of attempts at Splittermuster before. Hopefully I will get a better result this time, after blending, lining and weathering.
  5. mvonb Member

Thanks Gary, I would have to say that Herr Ortiz is the main inspiration, but anyone who posts on here in the vBenches will be an inspiration. Calvin Tan has an amazing style too, as does Gino Poppe.
  6. mvonb Member

After a week at work which has raised my blood pressure to level's unknown, I sat down today and meditated with the Series 7s. Here are the results of my labours. The bright lining is preparation for the outlining and intended to show wear. Shadows, further highlights and blending will follow. The jacket will be next after that. Comments always welcome as usual.

MfG

Martin

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Martin, The basic colors have been blocked in very well. I espcially like where the pattern changes between the seams on the trousers.~Gary
  8. mvonb Member

Thanks Gary, it has taken me 3 sessions to block everything in and a couple of repaints to realise that the seams mean something. I never was the best at obvious situations. Anyway, I have added some deeper shadows to the base colours, although my photography doesn't really show it too well.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

MfG

Martin
  9. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work so far!! :)
    I always struggled with paiting the sharp and pointy
    splinter pattern. Never able pull it off succesfully.
    You have nailed the look of the pattern here, my friend.
    :)

TS
  10. mvonb Member

Thanks Taesung, its always a pleasure to paint a superbly sculpted and cast fígure. I have added some black lining and started on the basic colours for the jacket. I hope I can do your figure justice with the rest of the painting.

MfG

Martin

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]