1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latest issue of the magazine "Soldat" (N°9) 1831-1962, a history of the Foreign Legion by uniforms

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Available in France, in newsstands or by subscription, more easily available via internet for abroad; the last issue of the now known and recognized magazine "SOLDAT" by Heimdal editions
    [IMG]
    Summary

Soldier's Library
    The new figurines
    Euro-Figures 2018
    The Pink Soldier, an 8th Regiment Horse Hunter
    A trumpet of the 8th hussars in Russia
    Horse Hunters of the Guard

Soldier's file
    1831-1962. The history of the Foreign Legion through uniforms
    The Hohenlohe Legion
    From Algeria to Spain ... And Algeria
    The two legions of the Second Empire
    The Legion in Mexico
    The Legion under the Third Republic
    The Legion in the Great War
    The Legion in the Interwar Period
    The Second World War
    The Indochina War
    The Algerian war
    Sources, bibliography
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    A number, which saw the chosen topic, should be very successful.
    For those who do not know this magazine yet, I would only say one thing to them:
    Buy it and you will understand its success!
    As always quality and seriousness are at the rendezvous!
    For information, how buying and subscriptions :
    https://www.editions-heimdal.fr/fr/soldat/991-soldat-n9.html
    [IMG]
    ivopreda, Babelfish and akaryu like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like a very good reference mag.

Was it only planned to run for 9 issues, or did poor sales doom it after only 9?

- Steve
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'm confused by the title as well Steve,,

In English I'm sure it would do well, it's nice to read some text rather than just look at pictures.
  4. Sydney Stirling New Member

'Latest' issue and hopefully not the last. I have bought every issue since switching from Figurines - there is also a 'special' on artillery available last month.
  5. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Last issue in date, but not the last of a list that we hope long!
    last is a word that has many meanings and nuances in French!;)
    I apologize for being French!
    However, we are World Champion since this summer and since yesterday Champion of Europe!
    It only remains to win the tournament of 6 nations and the Rugby World Cup!:):angelic::whistle::LOL:
    Nap likes this.
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Yep, long time since you've had anything to crow about-so make the most of it...:rolleyes:
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Old French tradition, 1789, 1830, 1848, 1944, 1968 for the most famous.
    But images broadcast abroad do not reflect reality.
    Anyway the images come from television channels that belong to friends of our president !!!
    And after we French people want to give courses of democracy to others ... Let's give more cooking classes or Handball or even football, this should already be enough;)
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I agree it seems to be the French way while we just argue and do nothing....LOL.....Not sure about French cooking but each to their own! By the way Luc if the title had read "Latest Issue" confusion would have been avoided, we thought it was going the way of Figurines.......as a Napoleonic Period fan I would love to see this in English.

Keith
  9. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Heimdal make the magazine in French, but provide the "luxury version" in English :
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    More expensive
    Perhaps they are going to produce an english version of the magazine, that will be very commercial !
  10. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Oups I forgot to mention that the next issue will be about the colonial troops, now known in France under the name of Troupe de Marine, from the beginning (Louis XIII to the end of the Algeria War)
    [IMG]
    akaryu likes this.
  11. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Got all the books Luc and a large library of French Language publications, it is frustrating though as there is so much more to be gained if you can read the text. I worked for a French Company for 41 years and travelled to many countries and never learnt the language....how stupid was that:rolleyes:

Keith
  12. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Not so stupid, English is spoken in almost every country in the world.
    French is the language of diplomacy, and our leaders as well as our school teachers still believe that we are a century of enlightenment under Louis XIV.
    Anyway, for those who love the Napoleonic period, one would have to know French, Russian, English, Polish, Italian, Spanish and German.
    There we could finally have the universal library.
    Fortunately, for me, I understand (not always good), English, Spanish and Italian!
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

I have all of these and just ordered this one , I can read enough French to get by ...speak a little but probably like Del Boy ...LOL

Luc,

I have chaged the title to Latest Issue

Happy Christmas to everyone

Nap
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  14. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    I know SOLDAT very well writing articles for them... I think that language is less and less really important because the magazine is full of pictures. Explaination are very essential and quite easy to be translated with any web translator
    Nap and Zastrow.cuirassier like this.