1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latest diorama entitled "Sniper"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Aug 24, 2010.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Trying to focus mainly on the figures here is my latest 1/35th scale creation. This depicts the fighting in the rubble of Arnhem by the galant British "Red Devil" paras. The dio depicts Red Devils trying to advance and move one of their gravely wounded comrades by way of an British airborne jeep in the area. As the Jeep tries to position itself by reversing toward the trolley the driver is suddenly hit by sniper fire. The kneeling gent with the sten and the piat team try to use some covering fire until the driver can be dragged to a safer place. The rest of the troops are caught in the open some crouching to avoid another shot, some yelling in confusion and a couple of troops pointing in the direction which they think the shot may have came. It might be hard to tell exactly whats happening from the pics so I figured I'd explain it to help it along. The buildings, Jeep, trolley and about 80% of the figures are all modified to some extent. I used Vallejo acrylics along with MIG oil paints and MIG pigments to complete the entire scene. Any questions or comments greatly appreciated.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Steve Riley, ArturM, DanSly and 30 others like this.
  2. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    oh my, this is fantastic work! You can tell there's a slight panic in the air.
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Flippin excellent old friend, this is a super dio - we yes it is a super diorama, very well done, the buildings alone must have taken forever, nice harmonisation here. Bravo. !!(y)
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    WOW.........

Dan, that's an incredible feat of modelling. Every aspect of it seems lifted straight from the pages of history (or A Bridge Too Far). The details are incredible.

How long did it take you to complete this diorama?

All I can say is Bravo.
  5. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I generally feel that the larger dioramas are lacking in focus and drama, but your creation Sir is a superlative exception!

Beautifully executed in every way.
  6. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi Dan,
    So beautiful on so lifelike dioramas Personally, I have seen, think that he sees a scene from a film, I think that more words are useless, better to let my eyes gaze at this masterpiece.
    Congratulations!!

Alexandros
  7. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Oh my god!
    I can't believe the one which is being seen now.
    Almost miraculous.
    Dan, I'd like to pay their respects to your obsession.
    I think this is the masterpiece by which only about once per several years is judged.
    I congratulate completion.
    By the way do you submit this work?

Mitsutaka
  8. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Dan, an exellent dio full of action, I especially love the focus of the figures, searching out the hidden sniper and the water effects lower are brilliant. very very well done. Les
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Dan!

probably this is one of the best I´ve ever seen.
    My congrats for your stunning and big diorama.:eek:
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Awesome work !

Hi Dan !
    That, my good man, is one AWESOME piece of modelling (y)(y)(y) !!!! KUDOS on a job well done ;). Cheers !
    Kenneth :cool:.
  11. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hello Dan,
    well what can I say other than....EXCELLENT !!!!! The modelling and painting of every bit of this diorama is spot on..perfect.
    Bravo to you,love it.
    Regards
    Pete
  12. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    I'm really impressed by all that.
  13. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    What an incredible piece of work! Congratulations, Dan.

Cheers,
    Chris(y)
  14. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cracking!

I admire your dedication and determination to complete an epic like that!

Mark
  15. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow! Just Wow!
    Awesome work :)
    (y)
  16. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    The story telling element is the highlight of this piece. A regular show-goer would know there are many ways to paint figures, buildings and shade vehicles and this painter's preferences on all these aspects are evident. While which approach pays off the best is open to debate, as far as 1:35 diorama goes this is a 9/10. And I am sure the fun had has been 10/10.
  17. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Exactly! Well said :)
  18. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  19. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    HOLY SMOKES BULLWINKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful scenery, focused, life like figs! Nothing I can add to what's already said except I'd love to spend an hour or two seeing it in person!

Congrats!

kevin d.
  20. Einion Well-Known Member

Nice job Dan! Man that's a lot of work! I love how everything looks like it has been painted with the same care and attention (y)

On the photos, there looks like an overall colour cast from the lighting, if you'd like I can take a look at one or two of them in Photoshop and compensate for it and see if the colours are closer to how this looks in the flesh.

Einion