1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Late Friday Night Music

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DEL, Jan 11, 2019.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Enjoy
    DEL likes this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Can't believe I forgot this ..... Locomotive Breath (for all you youngsters out there) it's from Aqualung by Jethro Tull.
    harrytheheid, Mirofsoft and Helm like this.
  5. Azyr New Member

Death metal shred

Haiduk

Henk and HansDig like this.
  6. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Excellent choice - us Northern Soul brothers need to stick together! Keep on keeping on...…

KTF,
    Chris O.
    valiant likes this.
  7. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    5.15 & Don Thomas' Come On Train in the same post...…..Epic, Carl!
    harrytheheid and valiant like this.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Trains and boats and planes... can't remember who by
    Waiting for a train, Elvis, Merle haggard,,Hank snow, Jimmy Rogers
    The streamline cannonball, Hank snow
    Pan American. Seldom scene.

Can't think of an American artist who hasn't done a train song, it is part of U.S. folk lore
    DEL likes this.
  9. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  10. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some good choices Harry but I think the original needs to posted
    DEL, Chris Oldfield and harrytheheid like this.
  12. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah, the sublime Curtis Mayfield - brilliant.
    Then again, there's always this reasonable enough cover version by an obscure guitar guy and some warbling singer....;)

Oh, and I just remembered these....(y)

PS. Eva Cassidy also did a fantastic version of Sandy Denny's "Who Knows Where the Time Goes", but it doesn't fit in with the theme here - bit of a shame that.
    PPS. I did think about "Train in Vain" by The Clash, but....:whistle:....it's got nuthin' to do with trains or railways.
    DEL likes this.
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dare - Last Train

Rod Stewart - Downtown Train (prefer Rod's version to the original, but that's just me (y) )

- Steve
    harrytheheid and DEL like this.
  14. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    [quote="Babelfish, post: 990728, member: 5577"

Rod Stewart - Downtown Train (prefer Rod's version to the original, but that's just me (y) )
    - Steve[/quote]

:eek: Time to change your medication ;)
  15. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Umm, I better look for some new meds as well then Del....:p....cos I prefer Roderick's version too....:whistle:
    Babelfish and DEL like this.
  16. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    OK I suppose that the Law of Averages means that there are some adult male fans of Rod Do Ya Think I'm Sexy, out there :whistle:
    Here's one from Springsteen
    Babelfish and harrytheheid like this.
  17. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good one from The Boss there Del. I'd forgotten that one.

Wouldn't call myself a Rod Stewart "fan" but I don't mind some of his stuff.

I try to be objective with my music and if I find myself liking something I won't dismiss it just because it's by someone I don't usually like (if that makes sense :confused: ). Hence the presence of a couple of Elton John songs on my iPod. I even have a Manly Barrilow CD knocking around somewhere :eek:.

- Steve
    DEL and harrytheheid like this.
  18. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Following is just my opinion of course;
    Rodders was brilliant up until 1975's "Atlantic Crossing", which despite two or three classics was a bit ho-hum. Then the alarm bells really started ringing with 1976's "A Night On The Town".
    After that it was more like A Night On The (Disco) Tiles, apart from occasional bursts of good stuff like "Downtown Train".
    The 2000's saw him essentially singing for my old Maiden Aunties and I gave up on him.
    He then surprised the life out of me with 2013's "Time" which rocketed him right back to the glory days of the early 1970's.
    His two subsequent albums, "Another Country" and "Blood Red Roses" have been brilliant as well.
    Give them a try - it'll be well worth it.
    DEL and Babelfish like this.
  19. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some of his early stuff with The Faces was excellent also.

I agree with you about that big-band Bublé-esque "American Songbook" phase he went through that seemed to be aimed at the blue rinse brigade - complete bollox. His album of Motown soul covers was OK (all in my very humble opinion of course). Not heard his more recent output. Might have to give it a listen.

- Steve
    DEL and harrytheheid like this.
  20. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah well, I probably should've made clear I was including his music with the Faces as well.
    Remember "In A Broken Dream", when he was guest vocalist with Python Lee Jackson? Sorry it's not a Train song.

Funnily enough, I've been going through my (Steve Marriott) Small Faces and Humble Pie collection trying to find a relevant song for this thread, but come up with a blank so far.