1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Last fight

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sergey Popovichenko, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Hello all!!!

The future novelty of firm Soldiers of Fortune (Roman legionary 75мм, white metal). I used acrylicl paint (Andrea, Valieho, Homa). The basis self-made.
    I hope you like it/

Attached Files:

2. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Wow! Wonderful.
    I liked a metal of armor and red clothes.
    The ground work is also beautiful.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant

The metalwork, the reds, the groundwork coupled with the great sculpting of the face and muscles of the arm make this extremely pretty to the eye. Great fleshtones also.
    Excellent painting Sergey.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent paintwork.
    I don't like the sculptwork of the muscles (its a bodybuilder instead a soldier) but you
    didn't make it.
    The muscles are overdone trough the sculpter.

marc
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    :cool:Sergey you done a wonderful work. Congrats!
  6. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Agreed.

Barrie.
  7. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Excellent fighting pose, like this one alot.:cool:
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Incredible! (y) what a fantastic piece -

About the muscles, I wouldn't worry too much, it defines the pose and adds to the 'rage' especially in the midst of battle muscles would be pumped (anyone who's done any weights knows what I mean)

I might add some people are naturally prone to muscle mass, a friend of mine who's never worked out before has colossal defined calves and biceps, so it is possible ;) and in this case certainly fitting the moment and pose!
  9. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    well the figure is again an roman in the lorica segmentata ect.....
    what looks odd is first the lack of shield.because the roman soldier fought shield to shield and relied heavy on his hield this is quite strange.
    yes i know he might have surprised in teutoburg forest...but the uniform does not suit the date of this battle.
    the most odd point for me is the pose.its looking strange.never is it dynamic say he is attacking nor is it dramatic.the arms look more like he tries to huge an oncomming foe......
    i can not thing an battle situation with an etched weapon where you first hold the sword this way and open the whole body armature as invitation for an quick trust or slash.
    man fighting with etched weapon do move not this way.the make the room in front of body narrow and hold the blade in front of the bodyfront to parry blows and more to be able to deliver an quick reposte.....
    well strange for my taste
    but taste is taste.one could alter it.i would anytime add an shield,this the more because there is already lying one on the ground.in any case an soldier would have taken
    any risk to retrieve this from the ground to get the protection of it.
    cheers
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent painted figure Sergey!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  11. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    This is a great action pose which I am sure will sell well, as do most things Roman. I won't get involved in the muscles debate, you either like it or you don't, If I could have sculpted this I would be more than pleased
    Cracking paint job!

Keith
  12. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    First off, very nicely painted, looks great!

While I think the muscles are overdone a bit, I'm guessing the average Roman soldier did have some pretty stout legs, considering the miles they marched on a regular basis, carrying all their gear. I do think the pose is a bit odd. I can't figure out if he is saying "Come on!" to an enemy, or "Oh crap, I just lost my keys". The face and the pose don't go well, IMHO.If he had been shown shouting, it would be more clear. Still, nicely painted and great groundwork as well.
  13. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Thanks all who has written, for warm responses.

From work with a figure has received a lot of pleasure.

Despite of everything I liked muscularity of the legionary.

It does its beautiful...like Arnold Schwarzenegger ;) Also gives the chance to play painting of muscles.

As has very much pleased quality of sculpture trifles.

Excuse for my bad English.
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting and sculpting. I really like the action pose as we usually just see the static poses for Romans. I look forward to buying one for my painted collection.
  15. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I do hate getting involved about the seriousness of a sculpt or historical correctness but surely these Romans who were trained in the art of wielding a heavy sword, shield and other weapons, would develop their muscles doing these very exercises. I also read loads of Roman soldiers were carpenters (To make forts, catapults etc and builders too. My nephew, Kev (a Joiner) has forearms like my thighs and he doesn't even do any weights (but he does fight Scotsmen at the weekends). Hope this helps.