1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Large scale WWII US Para charging from H3

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by newtonk, Sep 27, 2022.

1. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    636e6ee3d9b73984b591be3e32dba396.jpg da206767b312cea026536373cc5aabd4.jpg ae3993e38ce048e8a424ab18dc82b239.jpg
    Available now from H3 at 65$US, plus postage. I've a couple of H3 figures and they are very good.
    Manfred, Blind Pew, Tom W. and 3 others like this.
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How easy was it for a southpaw (left hander) to fire a combat rifle/carbine left handed?

Mike
  3. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Good looking figure.
  4. Sgt. Red Active Member

Exciting news!!
  5. gedmagpie Active Member

Canada
    It infuriates me to no end when a 636e6ee3d9b73984b591be3e32dba396.jpg firearm is incorrectly handled on scale figures as it precludes me from buying them no matter how good they are! I was left eye dominant before eyeglasses and firing the FN in that manner risked the spent hot cartridge bouncing up and hitting you in the face or worse your closed eyelid!
    Blind Pew likes this.
  6. BULL A Fixture

it is not a mistake, because it is not said that everyone is born right.
    There were, albeit rare amgari, left-handed people who were forced to shoot with a rifle that was decidedly impractical for them.
    In addition, the figure is very beautiful and correct. article-battle-history-of-the-m1-garand-in-wwii-11.jpg

rifleman-of-the-3rd-marines-division-poses-with-m1-garand-in-the-pacific-BJ1YG6.jpg
  7. gedmagpie Active Member

Canada
    I’ve never seen a Garand with the cocking l lever on the left side; so unless I’m wrong the it would seem that the first image might actually be reversed!
  8. BULL A Fixture

actually the first image was developed in reverse, but as a result it follows that the figure in the center is shooting with the left
  9. seo Active Member

South-Korea
  10. seo Active Member

South-Korea
    Kirby &caje in Combat is left-handed.What gun does he use?
  11. Ferris A Fixture

If this is a digital sculpt, mirroring the original would be easy.
    gedmagpie likes this.
  12. gedmagpie Active Member

Canada
    Great idea! Let's all rely on fictional characters portrayed by actors on TV shows and in movies for historical reference.
  13. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Hmmm...Wouldn't the jacket then close backward? Kinda' like the difference between how a men's shirt buttons vs. a women's shirt?
    I don't know...just asking...maybe it's covered? The straps seem to hide the area near the neck.
    Anyways..just an observation that it might be more involved than that.

Steve
  14. Ferris A Fixture

You’re right. Good thinking. A left over right closing jacket would become right over left.
    So indeed more involved than I’d thought.
    (Still easier than with an ‘analogue’ sculpt though) :)
    Blind Pew likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Thanks for sharing this figure from H3

Looks full of details and will no doubt be popular and paint up nicely

Nap
  16. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Fantastic, a large Scale ! As I usualy paint 6mm army sets, would it be difficult to adapt my way of painting to large scale like the 15mm here above ?
    ;)
  17. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    It's not the cocking handle. The figure in the first picture is legitimately a left-hander. His field jacket closes [his] left over [his] right, and his M1 pineapple is likely John Wayne'd on his right suspender for the same reason. The image isn't reversed. It's a very interesting and unusual figure (I get the impression that the hands on it, are a bit too small, though).