1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Landsknecht Officer 1533

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, May 15, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I thought I would take some photos when I first got this kit to paint so I could do a kit review after the kit was released. It is an exceptionally detailed kit in 120mm resin.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The sculpter was unknown but his reference was found to be from the Osprey Landsknecht book , Men At Arms Series, plate G, a drawing by G.A. Embleton.

[IMG]

The detail sculpted into the pants as well as the vest was challenging but rewarding in the end.

[IMG]

The kit is comprised of 19 parts, including a resin base.

[IMG]

Highly reccomended figure for those who like this period and a figure with a different pose.
  2. Hyades New Member

It's an awesome figure - I want it!!! Thanks for the review, Guy, and fantastic job on the painting!

Nancy
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Nancy,
    I really had a blast painting this figure with the color contrasts. Its one of those figures that almost paints itself.
  4. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thank you for the review Guy. Great paint work! (y)

All the best

Jacek
  5. rdclaeps New Member

Guy,

Very nice job with the yellow and blue. (y)
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I want to say that the sculptor was Brian Stewart (could be wrong), in any case, Guy you have done a great job I'll add this to my want list.
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Jacek, Roger and Matthew.......I appreciate the feedback and comments.
  8. rodsginger New Member

United-States
    Maybe the sculptor was Rendall Patton
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great Work Guy,

Is this still availeble.
    i think i can give this Landsknecht a try. It is very inspiring.

Marc
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Rod and Marc, I appreciate your comments.

Marc - This kit was just re-released under the "The Lost Battalion" label. One of the best Landsknechts I've done. Quality of the kit and casting was superb.