1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Landsknecht Marauder?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Sergei, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    Dear All,

I am trying to identify and find a landsknecht figure, which I think was called Marauder. He was quite different from those glamorous leggy landsknechts that have flooded the market: a scruffy bloke, short, big-bellied, a firearm in one hand and a sack in the other. I think the figure was larger than 54 mm, but do not have any other details, and Google search was not helpful. Any hints would be appreciated.

With best wishes,
    Sergei
  2. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    Thanks to those who read my message. A further search has revealed that the figure was made by Doug Miller. It appears on the Michigan Toy Soldier page, though the size is unclear (the caption mentions two sizes, 80 mm and 40 mm):
    http://www.michtoy.com/michtoy_sear...0&Clearance=&userSORT=Vendor_ID&userORDER=ASC

As the figure is currently unavailable, I was wondering whether anybody can think of any other source for this figure or other landsknechts sculptured by Doug.

With best wishes,
    Sergei
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Doug Miller in the 70ies, also made a " peasant wars " chess set
    under the name of Tricone Minatures, announced also a serie of 70mm Deutsche Landsknechte to come from Zens Zinnmodellen in 1977 and ................. gone with the wind
    Sergei likes this.
  4. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    Yes, Doug of course also authored the Osprey volumes about landsknechts and the Peasant War. His page http://www.dougmillerfigures.com, which featured both the Marauder and some peasant figures, was still active 2-3 years ago, but sadly not any more.