1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Lakota Buffalo Society Warrior - A & A Miniatures Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    A & A Miniatures
    Lakota Buffalo Society Warrior
    75mm resin & white metal
    Sculpted by Sergey Zlobov
    Painted by Sergey Popovichenko

Sioux 01.jpg

Right after this was released I knew I had to have one painted for my collection. I ordered this kit through Vik, at A & A Miniatures in Moscow, Russia and about 2 weeks later it arrived. Sculpted by the talented Sergey Zlobov this kit is 75mm resin with 1 white metal part, the hand and rifle.

[ continued in next posting ]

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sioux 02.jpg

Sioux 03.JPG

Arriving from Russia the kit was well padded in a mailing envelope. Once the package was opened the kit was then well padded inside with foam sandwiching the parts to insure against breakage. The small parts were sealed inside zip-lok bags to insure against loss while in transit.

Lakota Warrior

Sioux 04.jpg Sioux 05.jpg

Sioux 06.jpg

Sioux 07.jpg Sioux 08.jpg

Above you see the main torso of the warrior with the head and war bonnet sculpted and cast as one. The horns are separate cast parts.

Sioux 09.jpg

Sioux 10.jpg Sioux 11.jpg

Above you see several photos showing close-ups of the detail of the Indian chest beads as well as the sculpted beadwork on the leggings.

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sioux 12.JPG Sioux 13.JPG

Above are the front and back of the separate cast right and left arms.

Sioux 14.jpg

Sioux 15.jpg Sioux 16.jpg

Above you see various views of the highly detailed war lance and especially the detailing of the feathers.

Sioux 17.JPG Sioux 18.JPG

Above is the front and back view of the white metal rifle and hand cast together.

The Horse

Sioux 19.JPG Sioux 20.JPG

Sioux 21.JPG Sioux 22.JPG

Above you see the outside and inside of each half of the horse.

Sioux 23.JPG

Sioux 24.jpg

Above you see me holding the horse halfs together to check their fittment. The joint is tight and very little seam work will be needed.

4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sioux 25.jpg Sioux 26.jpg

Above you see the front and back of the horse's tail showing trade clith woven into the tail.

Sioux 27.JPG Sioux 28.JPG

Above is the front and back of the Elk hide saddle blanket.

Sioux 29.JPG

Sioux 30.JPG

Above you see the decorative feathers that can be used for the tail or the horse's head. Below the horns are cast separately. As you see two of the horns came loose and by being in a sealed zip-lok bag were not lost but kept with the other attached horns. Two of the horns attach to the mask of the horse and the other two attach to the head dress of the warrior.

Sioux 31.JPG

A detailed resin base is also provided with locator holes for the feet of the horse.

Sioux 32.JPG

Various photos of the box art version were included with the kit to further help with the painting colors.

Additional box art photographs
    painted by
    Sergey Popovichenko

Sioux 33.jpg

Sioux 34.jpg

Sioux 35.jpg

Sioux 36.jpg

Sioux 37.jpg

Conclusion:
    A beautiful kit with many detailed parts. Dry fitting was excellent and very little clean-up will be needed. A jewelers saw can be used to remove parts from their casting blocks. Highly recommended.

Ant Miniatures / A & A Miniatures
    web-site
    click here

R494
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guy.
    Great revieuw. It has very crispy casting details. A great challenge for every painter.

Marc
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the review Guy, a most impressive kit and sculpt, the engineering is really nice (y)
  7. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the review Guy, this is a very nice kit and definatly one I will be adding to the collection, also like the painting of the box art by Sergey Popovichenko

Cheers
    Tommi
  8. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    wow, what a kit and the painting is fabulous.
  9. Joseph Brubaker New Member

United-States
    Absolutly beautiful piece,thank you for the review and your time for posting..............Joseph
  10. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Great kit and looks very well done. Also sounds like great service. I am gonna order one of these.
  11. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    WOW!
    I'll pain them a visit!
    Excellent sculpt and cast!
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Guy, a great review, stunning sculpting and casting. I've been looking forward to this one, many thanks.

Cheers Ken
  13. milminwh Member