1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Lah Schwimmwagen And Evolution/alpine Crew.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carlos69, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Hi guys,

This will be my next works for myself :nailbiting: as the paint is drying to my Youngs British tankie bust and Mil-Mart flat I have started to form this vignette.

The Schwimmy is a detailed up Tamiya kit and the seated crew are slightly modified Evolution Miniatures crew. The standing figure is a favourite of mine from Alpine which will be standard apart from a change of hands and kit as it suited the scene well. Spent a fair amount of time on the seated crew making there clothing interact with each other and also the body of the Schwimmy where body parts/clothing touch.

I started this on a different thread but can no longer find it hence this new one.

Im just messing with the layout at the minute but it will be on a slope falling off to the front edge of the base. Again set in Kharkov so lots of mud and maybe some snow :woot:

The base was turned by a mate and in high build primer at the minute to fill in the grain, It will be in a satin black finnish once it is complete.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome

Carlos

Downsized 1.jpg

2. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  3. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  4. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  5. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Carlos, I like your mock-up for your Schwimmwagon vignette. Are you planning to white-wash the vehicle? I also like the fence in the background, I remember seeing this fence design, or, something very similar, from photos of Kharkov and surrounding outskirts. Are they your own design, or a commercial product? As far as the figures are concerned, Alpine and Evolution, two great choices to bring your scene to life. Your base looks great and painting it black, will make the winter theme really stand out. You've peaked my interest with this one my friend. Best of luck. Regards, SG(y)
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Carlos this scene looks very promising, will keep an eye on this one.

Cheers David
  7. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
  8. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    Great setting. Look forward to seeing it finished.

J;)han
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Will be following with great interest, nice start
    Tommi
  10. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Carlos, the layout of this dio looks great. Can't wait to see how you painted it up - watching this one closely.
    Cheers
  11. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    You sure are keeping busy, wish I had the time to be this productive, just about managing to keep one piece of work on the go let alone 3. This one will be another cracker I'm sure, looking forward to seeing it develop.

Alex.
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    This is gonna be sharp! Don't you sleep Carlos?

Joe
    Carlos69 likes this.
  13. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    SG The Schwimmy will be in dark grey with winter white wash camo fading and chipping away, so nice and weathered ;) The fence is typical of the kind seen in and around Russia/Kharkov and this is from RB Models buddy. Thanks for your comments (y)

David Thanks for looking in mate :)

Vaux :) hows it going ?!

Johan thanks, may take a while this one though ;)

Tommi cheers mate, did you watch that film yet ?! :D

Nick thanks ! :)

Alex good to see you drop by brother ! yeah three plus I have Peiper from LM and also That FJ I picked up with you at Euro from LB Factory .... so 5 ! :hilarious: oh and the FAMO ! :wtf: 6 .... :stop:

Joe no sleep mate, just keep popping the pills :) :dead:

Carlos
  14. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Your opinions please gents ...

As you can see now I have roughed in the groundwork adding more gradiant to the slope. Allthough it would be tight up front in the Schwimmwagen, more so with the winter padded parkas etc ... and even though you probally wouldnt move around much do you think you would lean away from the slope ?

380666.jpg
  15. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  16. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  17. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Any info, images or your opinions would be appreciated thanks :)

Carlos
  18. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Carlos, Perhaps if the vehicle were moving, the occupants might lean to there left slightly. But being stationary, I think they look fine. Regards, SG(y)
  19. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Looking from the frontal perspective it's not an issue, from the side I see your point. I think that perhaps the arm on the passenger would be resting on the door given the angle, but the gradient doesn't appear too great that the occupants would compensate very much. The passenger would be pretty stable with most of his weight resting against the door and the driver has his arm hooked over his door which I think still looks pretty natural. It looks to me as though they have just driven up and stopped fairly abrubtly to communicate with the standing figure before setting off again. It's well laid out and doesn't need much more tinkering in my opinion. But dont settle on it until You are happy.

Alex.
  20. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Carlos,
    I really love this setting... Everything well plan in terms of the multilevel view and simple but effective backdrop...Especially round base is challenging. Also like you replace the driver head with Alpine give a bit more character. I loved Evolution figures but find some of the faces are a bit too elaborate....

Can't wait to see you finish! Just love Kharkov setting... My next mini armor vignette also Eastern Front with BA-64b and alpine figure again! Just hope Mr.Taesung continue to come out with brilliant figures