1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Lady Cassandra by Ritual Casting

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Klaus not Santa, Sep 12, 2021.

1. While working on my own digital sculpts I also purchase from/support some Patreon artists.

One of these was a 1/10 digital print file for "Lady Cassandra" from Ritual Casting
    1_9a9d0537-b2cd-4d44-bafb-f038c1c2fe92_900x.png

When prepping the files for my printer I made a few errors, so the first print wasn't good - but on the other hand I was able to do a quick color blocking
    FZOU1077.JPG

Except for the green pants I kept the colors and painted her in the base colors
    XRKI3455.JPG

To ease the process I magnetized her in sections
    IMG_1119.JPG IMG_1159.JPG

Once happy with the base colors I arranged some photos of the light setting I had in mind
    TSDM5421.JPG

And began to apply the light effects
    SOAE9115.JPG

As I want to focus the light situation on her face - despite the many distracting golden ornaments to come, I kept the face rather light colored
    SPCR0972.JPG

Here is most of the light situation established
    VJSW6819.JPG

Since I wasn't really sure about the distracting effect of the golden ornaments, I started with the shoulder armor and lower arm
    GCIX3599.JPG

And on Thursday (while attending a paint weekend meeting) I started with the main chest armor
    IMG_1250.JPG

I slowly worked my way down the chest - observing the focal point the distracting effects
    IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    This is as far as I got
    IMG_1278.JPG
    XDCG9496.JPG

I know there are some areas that are not quite right and need some adjustments.
    But in general I think these are all the golden ornaments I'm going to do, and now rather work on fixing the errors, clearing up the color situation - maybe adding some more light to her face and cleanup.
    One idea is to also add a freehand to her rather large cloak - but that again would be another distracting factor, so I'm really unsure.

What do you think? Any recommendations? Major flaws? Thanks
    Klaus
    Nap, oldtrousers, Henk and 3 others like this.
  2. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Being an old school modeler this is really interesting to follow and very thought provoking regarding how we may be offered figures in the future, will we all have a 3D printer on the work bench and download the figure files allowing us to run off additional figures or spare parts (a recasters dream), never the less your kit looks amazing and the painting is really taking shape, looking forward to seeing this progress further.
    TERRY
    Klaus not Santa likes this.
  3. Ray Fisher Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Love it. The harmony of colours work well together and make the face the first focal point, which I assume was your goal.
    Well done.
  4. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    to me it looks like a really fine start, it goes well together !
    IF i may : instead of adding lights to her face i would add more shadows to it to define it better.

great start anyway !
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    All credit to you Klaus , interested in what your using for the golds ....If I may perhaps a wash and the relook at the highs

Agre with Franck ref flesh , my thoughts ref cloak is to have nothing more than a edging design if that ...it might distract from the gold detailing as you said

Happy benchtime

Nap