1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

La pucelle d'Orleans (2)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by petit belge, Mar 6, 2008.

1. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    [IMG]

A half a bottle of delicious malt whiskey, a couple CD’s of Mozart and let’s start.

The hall:

[IMG]

A few supports are needed to bend and glue the soft plastic.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The consoles for the gargoyles:

[IMG]

These I pore in soft raisin so I can bend them from the sides up to the middle of the building. First a model for the cast that is also made in soft PVC. In the middle there’s a brass-wire so the form will stay in the bended position.

The standard:

[IMG]

This is a test. I need a lot of standards and it will take a lot of time to shape them in putty. So I pored a thin layer of colored, soft raisin. On the sides, almost against the borde, came two thin lead wires. After drying I pored a second thin layer. Now I can shape this flexibel plastic into the form I want

[IMG]

Second layer of alcyd paint and the finishing touch.

[IMG]

The start of some gargoyles. Tou probable recognize sister euthanasia and brother bigbellthus.
  2. dinovision79 Active Member

Hungary
    Hi Roger,

I have to say it's very impressing how you handle the cathedral, also the glass parts look great! I'm sure it's useful to an 'average' modeler too, as it can be a great background for historical figures as well!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Denes
  3. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Beautiful progress ....good Continue ;)

:)
  4. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    Hi Dénes,

yes, this is my intension, to share my technique so anyone can use them or bring up to ideas. Modelling is always seeking for technisal solutions.

Thanks.

Thank you MAB;
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent Roger,
    I like this one.
    Joying a bottle of Duvel at the moment, and it looks very, very good.

marc