1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP La Garde Recule - Waterloo 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Jan 11, 2015.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    M
    any thanks Ron for your kind comments and views on this,i'm glad your enjoying the post mate and like you correctly said its a model and there's only so much you can do to try and replicate a piece of history,can you imagine all tgese so called experts turning up at waterloo this year and critisising all the unifirm inaccurasies
  2. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I may need to add the legs
    Waterman likes this.
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Ma
    Many thanks Tommi for your kind comnents mate,glad you like it mate
    Tommi likes this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many than
    Many thanks claude,hopefully david will channel his expertease in the correct forum,as i said earlier,tgere only so much one can do when modeling a moment in time,many modelers over tge years have replicated paintings with figures or dioramas and a little artistic licence,where i get annoyed is when someone goes out of there way to write an essay on what THEY percueve is incorrect.
  5. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many tg
    many thanks richie,the painting stage is some way off yet but i'm glad you like i mate.
  6. TADATSUGU Guest

Never say never!
    I am only breaking silence here as I have now had PMs expressing interest in the posting of my sources.
    In respect to Brian's wishes I have posted this in General Figure Talk for anyone interested.

Smudger1960 I don't apperciate the a'hole remark, that has no place in any adult arena.
    I also hope my own post in GFT will prove that it is not a case of what I "PERCEIVE" but of what many other reputable sources think too.
    I get annoyed when people do not hear what I am saying and instead take every opportunity to make personal remarks about people they don't know and about things I have never suggested. I believe it may be called selective reading!
    I have also tried to go to great pains to say I in no way consider myself an expert on anything, I just try to share my research material. I will go to Waterloo this year as I have four times before and have nothing but admiration for the efforts of re-enactors.

To all others, sorry about this rant but I believe I should have the right to defend myself. Thank you to all those who have sent me support in the form of rationally expressed PM's
    GOODBYE!
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    David
    You've made your point and the a'sole remark wasn't made by me,now I'm saying enough is enough and i don't want you posting on this thread no more,you've said what you need to say as we all have and now you need to move on from it,if it Carry's on then I'll report it,
    Your knowledge and experte ase would be greatly appriciated in other areas of the forum

Brian
    napoleonpeart and Alex Long like this.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Please give it a rest?
    You comment on an adult arena, then end your post GOODBYE!
    Love the irony.:meh:
  9. swralph A Fixture

Well Brian nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.
    This looks like it will be fantasic when completed.
    Ignore all the crap and keep doing what you do(making fantastic models).
    All the best
    Ralph.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Ralph and thanks for the kind comments mate
  11. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Just catching up in this. Lucky for artists in the 19th C they didn't have an internet where they could post their WIP paintings and get their historical accuracy criticized. I don't expect there were many paintings from the period that were even close to accurate. But they were art. I expect that most of these artists would have laughed at anyone critiquing a flag.

I have to say that the tone of this string concerns me. IMO just because you start a string does not mean you own it and can ask/tell folk to stop posting on it.....I hope.

The mods should take care of violations of the rules (like deliberate provocations, harassment and sabotage) but since when is a reasonable critique of accuracy unconstructive...even if wrong? If you don't like the comments, either ignore them, argue with them factually or state that you don't care and that your piece is art.

colin
  12. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I don't know Brian I leave you alone for five minutes and I come back to all this.
    Let me cautiously make a suggestion:cautious:. Just continue with your excellent work in the way that only you can.
    For me you are a great modeler who has always taken the time and effort to fully support we 2nd Division members with your kind words of encouragement. More of that and less of the high blood pressure stuff Mate.
    Chin up and very best wishes,
    Keith
  13. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Just been catching up on Brian's thread. Some interesting information coming to light, but most of all, IMHO some of the best modelling skills on show here and that is before the painting starts. It has already been said previously that when finished "this will be a talking point for a long time to come" and "one of the most anticipated pieces of the year". Can't agree more, so looking forward to looking at this when done but in the meantime enjoying the work that Brian is putting in to this, his effortst have certainly got me even more keener on this hobby of ours than I ever was before.
    Cheers mate,
    Barrie.
    Waterman and crf like this.
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Colin
    some of the comments I didn't agree with,with spoke about it privately and failed to agree on certain points,however other people wired their views and other people wer'nt happy with some of the points raised either.
    I only asked David not to post anymore because I felt it was disrupting the thread
    crf likes this.
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Barrie for your continued support throughout,I'm glad your enjoying the project mate
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Keith also for your continued support,it's a little slow at the minute but I'm glad you like it mate
  17. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Brian, what and excellent project combining many skills and much planning. This will be a great piece of artistry and originality once completed. Don't give up on it. I fully appreciate the emotional commitment to a project like this and how frustrating it can be when there is criticism made that you can't do anything about, however when the dust settles if the worst anyone can say about it, is according to some opinions it might not be totally historically accurate I'd take that:).
  18. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    These are all great depictions that differ and do not suffer from the wrong number of rivets. Its certain to be a great accomplishment Brian.

Colin

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  19. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    The facts are nice to know, but the romantic image is generally more inspiring(y)(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
  20. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Rob for your comments mate,i think you've explained it very well mate (y)
    Alex Long likes this.