1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique KV-1 tank vignette and figures.

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Pekka, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Hello,
    here are some figures in 1/35 that belong to a vignette with a KV-1 tank. Hornet heads , some Dragon legs, Model Kasten rifles etc. used. Rest is schratchbuild.
    Pekka Nieminen
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Sokol, GARRY, winston and 8 others like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

Very promissing Pekka.(y)
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Interesting scene Pekka (y) keep us updated!
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Set up and figures look really good, I like the sense of urgency in the scene.

Steve
  5. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Thanks for the comments.
    Pekka
  6. Black Berny New Member

Germany
    This looks very promising. I`m looking forward to the next steps.
  7. Dimmu Borgir Active Member

Greece
    Very nice work so far Pekka!Love your KV wedgie and the whole scene is full of drama and character!!
  8. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Terve Pekka,

Cool! Your work gets better all the time. I look forward to seeing this piece finished!

Cheers!!

Mike
  9. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice vignette!
    The kneeling figure is my favorite!
  10. Sokol Member

Hungary
    Great (y) !
    Really nice scene Pekka!
  11. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Thank you for the supportive comments.
    Here is latest progress. I know that adding a casualty in the vignette might cause disapproval, so comment, please.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  12. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Usually I don't like "wedgies" but this one works very well. I like seeing casualties, though in this case I'm not sure how his foot would get back on top of the wheel since the fender and tracks sick out beyond the wheels, even if he fell face first from the fender. But anything can happen, and the dead guy looks very good and very dead. I'm not so sure about the running guy. He's a bit close to the tank to still be running, and even though the other guy is motioning to him to give him the Panzerfaust, theres really no interaction between the two. If he were more crouched and leaning forward to hand over the Panzerfaust, or further away from the other guy and still running towards him, it would look "more right". Very nice regardless, with great potential.
  13. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello its very hard to depict an dead convincingly.most figures are to stiff and contrieved.because an dead has no longer muscle tension they normaly look very FLAT lying on the ground.no way an living can copy this dead stance.i think its often so that the clothing is torn or looks like an person did search it through.seems that lot of men when hit tore their uniform to look where they have been hit.
    iam not sure if the russian looks to dead.maybe it would look more convincingly if he would simply lying very flat to the ground without any raised limbs.
    but what one sees so far you have chosen an very interesting theme.the finns are not often shown.interesting is that soem pinted white death skulls on their helmets.
    the end result will surely become very nice
    cheers
  14. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Further sculpting; the casualty needs to be integrated to the ground. Now he is just floating.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  15. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Coming along nicely :)