1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kusma Krjutschkow, 4th Don Cossack Regiment, 1914

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Martin

What to say except PHEW !!! another lesson from the master of the Cossack

Brilliant research as always ....

and a nice bit of modelling on the shashka ...I am surprised it can't be taken out the scabbard !!

Enjoy your workshop

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    anstontyke and Martin Rohmann like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    87. to 89. Day, March 2 to 4, 2018

I had three very stimulating and productive days at the Tin Figure Museum, Goslar!

[IMG]

I like the atmosphere in this beautiful old house, the changing exhibits, the nice people I meet there - and last but not least the well-lit workplaces we have there!

There I can paint relaxed, while I chat nice .

Stupidly, I did not take pictures on Saturday, when it was really busy at the workshop and each table was double staffed.

But even so, the pictures say a lot ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Of course I also painted!

First of all the lance was on it.

[IMG]

These colors are in the painting of the (in the original brown painted) steel pipe ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

...and the top...:

[IMG]

The lance is not too big, but the sketch brought too small; it is only about 80 percent of the original - but more went on a DIN A-4 page not on it!

Then I painted the Shashka saber ...:
    [IMG]
    For the grip...
    [IMG]
    ...the metal parts...
    [IMG]
    ...and the scabbard...
    [IMG]
    ...I used the Colors, the leather parts were painted with...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ...I painted with these ones...:
    [IMG]
    Here's the ready Shashka...:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    At least I corrected some Little Details at the Nagaika whip.
    And so yesterday afternoon my workload was in front of me - and I was very happy with it ...:
    [IMG]
    Fortunately, no part on the return trip by Train gets any damage!

So - and thus the painting of my Cossack figure is complete!

Now I just have to build them together ...
    Cheers
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin

Seems like you had a great weekend thanks for pictures of the house looks amazing

4 pieces to put together to the Cossack and the masterpiece will be complete ......

You can breathe a sigh of relief and we and you can truely appreciate the SBS and the final result .

Look forward to the next and perhaps final instalment .....until the next SBS !!!!!

Nap
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Both will come, Nap!

Cheers
    napoleonpeart and anstontyke like this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    90. Day, March 6, 2018

The Shashka sabre is fixed to the figure!

The amount of time I invested in making the leather straps was not wasted, I think...:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Cheers
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    91. Day, March 7, 2018

The lance is mounted - and getting that thing straight to the figure almost cost me the last nerve!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin

WOW!!!! all that extra work on the strapping really has paid off dividends , the sabre looks great ...are you sure you cants take it out the scabbard ??

With the lance in place that is one impressive piece of weaponary ...well done on it being straight !! ...and ofcourse the additions in the strap department ....

Really nice to see so much work coming to fruition and looking so impressive

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  8. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    awsome work, your attention to detail really makes your figures stand out.
    thanks for another great sbs and history lesson. have you ever thought of writing a book?

cheers
    tony
    Perseas and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. kingbingo Guest

Austria
    Even if it sometimes gets out of the skin, it is and remains a delusional project and, moreover, the result.
    An eye-catcher where you can barely keep your eyes out. A powerful figure with great details where there is always something to
    discover and there are no 2x on this earth. If I had not been involved in this project myself,
    I would have to give the modeler 5 stars for the work and 3 of them for you, what you've conjured up to
    additions and details. A real treat where I and many of the observers, you envied so much to call this his own!
    Excuse my bad English! :(
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Tony, Kevin and Heinz...:

[IMG]

---------------------------------------------

92. Day, March 8., 2018

Since a few minutes now also the small Nagaika whip hangs on her Loop at the wrist of Kusma Kryuchkov ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

After careful consideration, I have decided to fix the thing only with two-component adhesive and NOT in addition to pinning!

"But then she can break it off more easily!", You will reply.

That's right - and that's exactly the idea behind it!

As you know, my second forename is "Breaker", I can do something like that really good! And so it is hoped that the Nagaika breaks off in one piece, if I touch the figure wrong.

And in one piece, I can fix it more easily again, than if it is pinned and brake through in the middle ...

Well, tomorrow still the head an then the figure is finished.

Cheers
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin

That whip does look good fitted I would have pinned it but fully see your reasoning behind your way .

If I saw this there would be a danger of something getting knocked off .....by my jaw dropping to the floor in amazement .....LOL....at the sheer amount of detail involved and in place .

WELL DONE & THANKS for this SBS

If you show this at a show it would be wonderful to have a printed information sheets with all the SBS work so people could fully realise just how accurate the piece is.

3 out of 4 in position.......1 to go ......

Bring it on tomorrow

It's a BIG image.jpeg ...from me

Nap
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A very detailed build and in a very small scale, my nerves would be shattered now, but this amount of work has really been worth it.
    The whole thing is superb in the smallest detail. A very well done from me.

jaw.jpg
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    93. Day, March 9, 2018

Ready!

This is how they looked, the Cossacks of the Don host the Russian Tsar sent into World War I ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A total of 2,815 officers and 96,950 NCOs and enlisted men of the Don host were sent to the front - and on December 2, 1916, 963 officers and 17,578 were dead.
    After December 2, 1916, due to the overthrow in Russia, no more loss lists were kept.
    For the Cossacks, the war did not end with the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk in 1918, nor with the Treaty of Versailles in 1919, for them began the relentless civil war in which they fought on both sides.
    The younger (and poorer) Cossacks mostly fought on the side of the "Reds", the older ones, who had to lose house, farm and family, joined the "Whites".
    When, in 1918, the territory of the Don Cossacks fell to the Bolsheviks (the Don Cossack Aleksei Kaledin's ataman shot himself in despair in February 1918!), the fighting did not end, but only in 1922.
    Many Cossacks fled abroad (mostly to Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece and later also to France and Germany!), óver the backward ones and returned to their farms came Stalin's great terror in the 30's ....:

Cossacks were ruthlessly persecuted by Stalin's hunters!

First, because they were Cossacks (and thus were considered "politically unreliable"!), And also because the Soviet dictator had ordered the "kulaks" (these were wealthy peasants who had their own courts) to be "destroyed as a class".

Let's talk numbers:

In 1909 there were 129,450 able-bodied Don Cossacks of all ranks (between 16 and 60 years old).

On the eve of the German invasion of the Soviet Union, it was almost 40 percent less!

Kuzma Kryuchkov ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

...the first russian soldier who got a high award for bravery in the first world war, the real prototype of our figure died as Sotnik (Lieutenant) at the age of 29 in the summer of 1919 - the exact date is unknown - during the civil war in the Don area.

In some sources, it is said that he fell in battle, according to another version, he was captured in a skirmish by the "red" wounded - and shot right after.

He was only 29 years old.

I wanted to set him a kind of monument with my figure ....

[IMG]

I would like to thank you for the "accompaniment" of this sbs - but especially my friend Heinz, who has sculpted this beautiful and extremely detailed figure!

Best regards
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin

THANK YOU for the work and what a result ....a true reflection of your dedication and knowledge on Cossacks ......and wish to share thst knowledge .

A true monument to the Cossack

Look forward to the next !

Nap
  15. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I can only repeat what Nap has said, superb documentation and modelling skills
    and what a result, the bust is excellent.
    Thanks for sharing.
  16. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    wow, what a superb bust. a very nice tribute to a brave man.

tony
    Martin Rohmann likes this.