1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kurt meyer bust 1:10

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinsel, Mar 1, 2011.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    this is the result of some painting over the last two days.i tapering in the dark about the cap piping at moment-from the pic i would think its silverwhite not yellow or pink.as soon i have information about that i can do it.at moment its simply white.
    the painting was in revell acryllics which are drying matt and are not bad.i like them.because the andrea or vallejo bottles often clog,and revell ofers them in wide open jars.
    if an good painter would snatch such one and paint it it would be an gem in the cabinets.
    cheers

Attached Files:

• ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      201.5 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.jpg
      ss2.jpg
      File size:
      201.1 KB
      Views:
    • ss3.jpg
      ss3.jpg
      File size:
      202.1 KB
      Views:
    unknown01, gordy and Guy like this.
  2. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    and between this some brushwork on this verlinden 120mm LEIBHUSSAR.i have no big idea of napoleonic uniforms so i followed the boxart-well even if i know that one can here lie terrible wrong.
    but i like those napoleonic verlinden kits and with 25 bucks how can one fail...lots to paint for this price

Attached Files:

gordy and pmfs like this.
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Markus, a nice start on both of these and looking forward to following.

Cheers Ken
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Markus!

Interesting beginning on Kurt Meyer´s bust, another great bust by Ken.
    Any scale for me is perfect if I like the subject;)

Cheers
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great start on them both Markus.
    Carl.
  6. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    thanks an lot.
    so the kurt i done only the eagle on the arm.then its ready.next will be an wooden base.as soon i ill get some to mount him on it
    can only say what an nice painting session it was on this bust.i am already looking forward to get the russian sniper girl as soon its released by MINUTEMAN.one sees high end products must not be very expensive
    cheers

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kurt is looking good :)

Do you have a tripod Markus?

P.S. I see a GTA Disk ! ;)
  8. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Excellent work Markus.

Mitsutaka.
  9. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Hey Marcus - great effort so far m8, I use a bright alluminium for the piping from Vallejo and deck tan mixed with chocolate brown for the badges,deaths head badges, runes and emblems, then pure white to highlight, just some thoughts here - taken from Calvin Tans guidelines as they look very good and realistic.
  10. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    dear gentleman
    yes gordy i have an tripod and will use it for some pics on it.and i freely admitt iam an NIKO BELLIC fan.the graphics as dynamics are wonderfull-its often only fun bumping in to people and hear them sewar and curse.there
    is an new ROCKSTAR GAME one out soon L.A.Noire but not for PC.hope they make it
    dear mitsutaka thanks you are very kind with your oppinion about the humble brushwork
    dear rob.thanks for your tipps of the braiding.i did use white and silver mixed and for some highlights i used an colour which is used in germany called SILBERBRONZE.this is used to paint ofenpipes which are deliverd black and one can paint them to make them look silver.its for metall but stunningly goes for figures well.its fast drying.
    but as iam no good painter at all i get mostly killed by gold and silver braiding.one can only be stunned by the guys wich have talent.but even if i read it how they do it iam so clumsy that i can not follow those tips.iam an dumb nut which must see anything to get any learn effects by it,
    cheers and thanks for any comment left