1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kuroda Nagamasa

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kilsh, Jun 5, 2022.

1. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I usually only paint busts these days but every now and again I venture back into the world of figures.
    I have always had an interest in Samurai and to be honest I think that there are few good Samurai busts available. Also I think given the nature of samurai clothing a figure does have more impact.

I have always liked this Pegaso kit and picked this original new in box up on eBay at a very good price.
    we all know that Pegaso’s rendition of Samurai horses isn’t accurate but I guess this one is closer than some others.

The instructions briefly mention Kuroda Nagamasa but the giant gilded buffalo horns are a giveaway that the sculpt was based upon him.

All in acrylics apart from some oil work on the horse.

Cheers

Neil 336F7922-5BCB-4F2C-92A8-44E752343930.jpeg CA20C594-D8EA-40BD-AB58-2460D643BC9B.jpeg 5E2D6A6C-DA7E-4E3F-A59B-903FBD6A1971.jpeg A4423028-F262-458B-B8F2-CE518A8A12E0.jpeg 3B353A7D-96BB-4D3A-A504-CBE0D5127C0B.jpeg
    Toshiya, Edorta, OldTaff and 11 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You have done a fabulous job on what is possibly, my all time favourite 90mm mounted figure and fortunately I have one in my GA.

Lovely work and presentation.
    Gary
    Oda likes this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Fantastic paintwork

Mobo
    Oda likes this.
  4. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Very nice work on a great model.

Tempted to add it to the GA but it is already too large.

Bill
    Oda likes this.
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Lovely work Kilsh. Like the colour choice for the horse-is it a chestnut or a paler yellow dun?

Neal
    Oda likes this.
  6. Oda A Fixture

Lovely brushwork indeed.

Oda.
  7. Giwe Well-Known Member

Germany
    Excellent work!
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Neil

Great to see you posting ,very classy artwork and presentation, nice colour palette and I do like the horse colour

Samurai certainly do have impact !

ENTER into the class of your choice in JUNE/JULY FOTM here: :)(y)

Standard
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...dard-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454275/

Intermediate
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...iate-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454276/

Advanced
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...nced-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454280/

There is a Vignette & Diorama competition running here:
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...night-31-12-22-voting-from-1-31-01-23.414984/

Thanks for sharing

Always good to see your artwork , look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  9. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    A lot of detail work, excellent!
  10. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all for your kind comments!

Neal, I based the horse colour on photos I found of Kiso horses in attempt to make the horse sculpt more accurate to the breeds which they actually rode, I think I would say it is closer to a dun.

Cheers

Neil
  11. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Oda likes this.