1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Kurgan v Ramirez

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hope this works. I'm using my mobile phone to input all this for the first time as my laptop has turned up its toes and died. So wish me luck.

For Christmas my lovely wife bought me these two 54mm Andrea figures depicting a scene from the 1986 movie `Highlander `. This is one of my very favourite movies and I want to do it justice. The photos are in sequence as I painted them

Ramires 2.jpg

Kurgan 1.jpg

Ramires 3.jpg

2017-01-12 12.33.19.jpg

The kits come with a small piece of the stairway each so I have made a centre section from wood and milliput to complete the stairway. I have also used some castle walls from my spares box to complete the background. This, being just thin plastic was thickened also using milliput. It has then been painted in acylics and small amounts of foliage added as weeds.

The figures have been painted with my usual method of white undercoat followed by acrylics and oils.

I hope you like them and hope the photos show up ok by using this new method. I look forward to hearing your feedback.

John
    anstontyke, Oda, Old Pete and 6 others like this.
  2. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Nice work! "There can be only one!"

Scott
    anstontyke and Jazz like this.
  3. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely done.
    anstontyke and Jazz like this.
  4. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Here is the piece finished. I made the base myself opting for a high one to give the illusion that the sword fight is taking place at a height.

2017-01-14 14.16.45.jpg

2017-01-14 14.15.55.jpg

2017-01-14 14.15.27.jpg

2017-01-14 14.14.48.jpg

2017-01-14 14.17.55.jpg

2017-01-14 14.14.05.jpg

2017-01-14 14.17.27.jpg

It has been a lot of fun to paint. Next job will be a bust, either H&V Lieutenant of the African Chasseurs or the H&V Tortuga pirate from1668.
    Hope you like my immortal battlers. Please feel free to comment.
    John
    anstontyke likes this.