1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kulak Insurgent

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Apr 17, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: My next project will be of a Kulak insurgent during the Russian Civil War of 1917-1922.I got the inspiration from Osprey's Man-At-Arms book on the White Armies of the Russian Civil war.Here then is a scan of the colour-plate illustration of the figure and my initial mock-up.What do you guys think of it ?All comments welcome.Cheers.
    Kenneth :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Now that is going to look great Kenneth........with your talent and ability I will follow this closely. Good choice of subject matter.
  3. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I cant wait to see the finished figure.
    Hopefull
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth,

That Hornet head will give your figure alot of character. I was thinking of using that same head for a future project myself. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
  5. y_wong New Member

Hey Kenneth,

A good subject. Looking forward to its completion.

regards :lol:
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

That is a great picture to go by! The pose is great and the uniform is interesting!

Your mannequinn is looking good! YOu might want to check your proportions though, especially on the fore arms, they look a tad long. Might be the pic though.

Looking forward to see this guy come alive!
  7. Pete_H New Member

I concur with Anders. But I'd take it one step further and check all your proportions. The mannequin looks way too long.
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Guy,Stephan,Jason,Wong Yau,Anders,Pete,thank you very much for all the encouraging comments;I really appreciate them :lol: I especially want to thank Anders and Pete for pointing out the fact that my mannequin was too long in proportion(thanks,guys :) )I originally wasn't too pleased with the mock-up,but couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with it,hence my posting it here for evaluation.Anyhow,I stripped the entire thing apart and redid the proportions again.Here then is a revised version,with the boots and pants added.What do you guys think of it ? Comments,please.Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth ;)

[IMG]
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,
    Your figure is looking realy good,I wish I could sculpt half as good as you. :)
    Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Roc. (y)
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey,Roc,thanks for the positive comment,my friend :lol: I,on the other hand,wish I could paint as well as yourself ;) Cheers.
    Kenneth :)