1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kuchisake Onna now available 75mm figure.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Alex Leipzing, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Alex Leipzing Member

Mexico
    Now available
    Scale: 75mm- 1/24
    Material: Urethane resin,
    Sculpt By: Geng Gi.
    Brand: Valkyrie Hobby's
    $30 USD including Shipping.

Kuchisake-onna (口裂け女, "Slit-Mouthed Woman") is a malevolent figure in Japanese urban legends and folklore. Described as the malicious spirit, or onryō, of a woman, she partially covers her face with a mask or other item and carries some sort of sharp object. She has been described as a contemporary yōkai.

According to popular legend, she asks potential victims if they think she is attractive. If they respond with "no", she will kill them with her weapon. If they say "yes", she will reveal that the corners of her mouth are slit from ear to ear, and she will then repeat her question. If the individual responds with "no", she will kill them with her weapon, and if they say "yes", she will cut the corners of their mouth in such a way that resembles her own disfigurement. Methods that can be used to survive an encounter with Kuchisake-onna include answering her question by describing her appearance as "average", or by distracting her with money or hard candies. kuchisake-onna-2-versions-3d-model-obj-stl (5).jpg

IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0329.JPG IMG_0335.JPG IMG_0336.JPG IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG
    kuchisake-onna-2-versions-3d-model-obj-stl.jpg 9074758.jpg kuchisake-onna.jpg 3e2bbf02e0c1645a5bbe6affe5c76f1292529d27r1-649-666v2_uhq.jpg d2ztv6x-820c7420-32bc-46b3-8145-59887f1db5a4.png kuchisake_onna_by_shinanai.jpg kuchisake1.jpg unnamed.jpg
  2. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Very beautiful work ! :love::love::love:
    Alex Leipzing likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Thanks for sharing this certainly looks a nice piece especially the umbrella/parasol .....be interesting to see the artwork on that

Happy releasing

Nap
  4. Formentel Active Member

France
    Superb figurine again, it will be a pleasure to paint it
    Very detailed description by your text concerning this legend that I did not know, interesting to read, I am still learning lol and also by the color images illustrated to give ideas
  5. Alex Leipzing Member

Mexico
    thanks
  6. Alex Leipzing Member

Mexico
    Thanks, and yes you can make a lot of artworks in the umbrella and the kimono
    Nap likes this.
  7. Alex Leipzing Member

Mexico
    Yes, is a interesnting legend and character, you can find more info if you put in google: japanese ghost, yokai, asian female ghost, etc
  8. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It's turned out to be a really nice model, I'm happy you have stayed true to the style you was aiming for especially when it comes to the hair as the minimalistic look really completes the model.

Gary
  9. Alex Leipzing Member

Mexico
    OH THANKS, THE HAIR IS GHOST STYLE JEJEJE, REGARDS
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Interesting figure and background story nice one
    Steve
  11. Alex Leipzing Member

Mexico
    Thank you very much, maybe in the future we make another one but with a ghost story of Mexico maybe the llorona or "el charro negro"
  12. Formentel Active Member

France
    Today I am pleased to present to you a new finished painting of a "yokai" style figurine: Kuchisake Onna produced by the brand: Valkyrie Hobby's in 75mm. and sculpted by Geng Gi:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A small "family" photo gathering all the figurines of this brand that I was able to make:

[IMG]

Well illustrated book on Ghost Stories from Japan which served me well as a source of inspiration:

[IMG]

Thanks to Pascal Bouty for the realization of this beautiful base:

[IMG]

And thanks to Alex for allowing me to do this paintingAn interesting link to learn more about the concept of this figurine:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4238342609529212&id=100000605456416
  13. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Magnificent painting. I'm in awe.
  14. Henkm Well-Known Member

Magnifique !