1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Kuban Cossack bust 1/12,Czarist

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Aug 4, 2011.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    A second attempt at the hat.The texture is to represent sheeps wool,so tight curls were tried.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks very convincing for me.
    When it is painted with different shade's in greywhite it will look real.

Marc
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Looks like sheepskin to me.

Colin
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Andy!

Miraculous "Kubanka" cap - if You sculpt the other details as well as this cap, this will be a fine bust.

Question:
    The first attempt You show us was given as a scale 1:10 bust; now the new variation is called scale 1:12.
    What is right?

Cheers
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for the comments guys.The bust is 1/12 scale.
    Cheers
    Andy
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    New gaziri have been added ,but are they too big?if so then the first ones will go back on.the shoulder boards have detail added to them and the hat except for the cockade is mostly done.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Jamie Stokes likes this.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent!! (y)

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Wunderful work, Andy! Really this way a Kuban-Cossack looked alike!

All my best wisches for making the corcade. I think, You have received the photos.

Cheers
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Belts have been added and a cocade to the hat(not too visible).comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

akaryu likes this.
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Andy.
    Carl.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Andy ,
    I like the way this is progressing , ..a comercial piece I hope ..my pre order will go in to SK !!!!

Any chance of seeing teh epaulettes close up as well , nice belts and strapping

Thanks for posting

Nap
  12. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Perfect Andy!

Cheers
  13. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Excellent work Andy!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Can we have a close up of the pogoni please?

cheers,

Piet
  14. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Medals have been added to the left side of the bust.Im not sure if a second order of Vladimir with swords can be added also.
    comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Absolutely perfect Andy - wonderful!!!

Cheers
  16. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    very well Andy but 1 question . can you say me what is medals and awards have this cossack?i see 1 cross of saint Georg but i do not know what is another awards.And more. if he have so many awards he must have some rank.mmmmmm -Esaul...sotnik.. horungiy... this ranks especially to cossacks so esaul=captain if you interesting i send you images.
  17. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    hi again Andy .I have looked at epaulets of your Cossack and I can tell that judging by epaulets its rank - esaul. And you shouldn't correct anything. On epaulets esaul stars weren't. So if you will expose it on sale you can to write that it esaul, a regiment you will specify what you want.
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Dimitri,

I think, Andy is absent today, but he gets the models for the orders by me.

These are (from left to right) the St-Georges-Cross für Officers, Order of St. Anne 4th class with swords, Order of the Holy Wladimir 4th class with swords and a medal of honour from the russian-japanese war.

[IMG]

All those orders are possible to his rank.

Andy has managed the bust up to now PERFECTLY - the only small correction which I have suggested to him is the form of the shoulder pieces. For officers they had a little bit other form in the upper part...:

[IMG]

On his shoulder-straps the will not the initials of a special regiment, but "KB" (Kubanskoje Woiska), how officers carried, who were assigned to no normal unit but performed staff- or special duties.

Cheers
  19. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    ok Martin.1 more question why Andy made second belt from left to right? The belt which goes on the right on left - she is a sword belt for a draft. But for what the second belt? And still a question to Andy why not to make to it bashlyk behind. I think with it it will be much better. The bust very beautiful very much is pleasant to me and it is pleasant that in New Zealand people are interested in this theme.
  20. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Dimitri!

With this "belt" it concerns a very rare equipment detail which to me a lot of trouble by recherche has made.

[IMG]

It concerns a silver- or golden-embroidered belt which was carried over the left shoulder and was fastened in front to the right cartridge pocket on the breast to stabilise this by horse riding.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Till October, 4th, 1886 the belt was carried by many Caucasian Cossack's, then a Tsar-Ukas to the officers released whether they wanted to carry him. For enlisted men and NCO the belt was forbidden.

Although the belt had now no more practical purpose, for the "Gazyrij" contained at that time no powder and lead anymore, there are documentary photos from the First World War that this piece of equipment was also still carried sporadically.

[IMG]

The buckle is not ready at the bust yet, however, it still comes...

Whether the bust will receive a Bashlyk, is of course Andy leave.
    However, I think that there will be probably one, because Andy has asked me for suitable pictures...