1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Kradmelder, 20. Waffen Grenadier Division Der SS (estniche Nr.1)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Recon, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Recon Active Member

Norway
    After seeing Johan Fohlins fatastic diorama at Euro Militaire last year ( I guess most of you know wich one!), I had to do some reading about the estniche Nr.1

My searching around the internet found this picture of a soldier on a motorcycle with the estonians markings.

[IMG]

I have used this picture as inspiration, and the figure is in progress. I have used a Hornet head and right arm, Dragon boots and so far a arm of unknown origin is on his left side. The DKW is Tamiyas (buildt many moons ago), and it will be fitted with photoetch from Voyager and refurbished. The figure will be quite different from the picture, his uniform will be better suited for the battles in the Baltics in early 1944.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have added the padded trousers and the basic tunic, all in Magic sculp exept the collar from Dragon. I have tried to make the front of the tunic look a bit streched, since he is wearing a knitted sweater underneath. The part of his groin that looks a bit off is where the trousers met the tank of the DKW. The next step will be pockets, buttons and some other small details on the tunic before the arms and Ppsh will find their place. But enough words, here are some pictures.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The arms are from different sources, and I have added the estoninan armshield with magic sculpt to get a little relieff. The hands are from Hornet, and the Ppsh is a reworked Tamiya item.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now all I have to do is finish up the details on the bike and figure, paint it and have it ready for Euro Militaire!

All comments are welcome!

-Sverre
  2. Trep Active Member

United-States
    looks awsome, cant wait to see it finished
  3. Recon Active Member

Norway
    Thank you for your comment, Dan!

The build is nearing completion, a couple of buttons left on his trousers, some Mr. surfacer, some light rubbing with steel wool and 600 grit sandpaper, and then on to primer and paint.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A close up of the knitted sweater, the collar and buttons, my favourite part of the figure.

[IMG]

This is how the little scene looks at the moment, the Ppsh has been exchanged for a kitbashed one with parts form Bravo 6, Tamiya and Hornet. The wheels have been upgraded with photoetch spokes from Royal Model, as the Voyager ones in stainless steel was more or less impossible to put together. I have also added some dry wall compound, wich will be the mud on the wheels and bike later in the painting process.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now I just have to attach some more photoetch, some wires and some other small items, and the bike will be ready for primer too!

All comments welcome!

-Sverre
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks very good Sverre, you have put a lot of work into this figure, i will look forward to your painting on it.

Steve(y)
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sweet!

Following :)

Mark