1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kostas Kariotellis Amazing New Scratch figure

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Major_Goose, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ChrisP Active Member

Greece
    i quess i'm lucky to seemost of Kosta's figures live before and after painting as i'm only half an hour away from him.Anyway i found the figures posted here painted and i'm posting one more(the spartan) that sculpted the sameperiod with the landsnecht.All figures are 65mm in scale painted in acrylics and very detailed and delicated.Tey are much more better live than pictures.Cheers, Chris.

templar.jpe

landsnecht.jpe

spartan.jpe
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    ...didn´t see the posting date...
  3. Daniel.M Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Even so removed but your post deserves a reply:) . We do not know why we just love these pieces so well this time, probably it in a minor way. The small details. The Premier League is very high now, and the best ones creating amazing things, and not a few. But sometimes, just someone from the group's most talented sculptors create something better than others. Once one, second that. For us, particular Templar and Landsknecht from Kostas are such pieces that stand out, even if not by much.. Maybe he also played a role popular historical epoch for us, who knows? We are only human, and acts on us different things to different. There are other great pieces, of course. And we constantly marvel how far you can go in this field;) .

All the Best

Daniel & Katka
  4. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    I totally agree. Wow. This is a beautiful figure. Borek
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

Apparently you are very impressive.
    As I wrote before, and with all due respect, I do not understand why this work caused so many amazing reply??? even in 2006, there are plenty of works better than this IMHO but I understand, tastes are tastes.
    Einion likes this.
  6. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In fact there are quite a few absolutely fantastic gifted sculptors that never appear on PF, but tend to post on Facebook, yet each of their work is capable of giving you a stroke.
    I am wondering if facebook offers this bickering-free environment that people prefer to endless wars on public forums re accuracy/veracity....thought to consider:whistle:
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Facebook is "bonfire" of vanities(n) which can be closed environment.;)
    PF is a OPEN democratic forum, no one is more. Saying something about what you think, even if a negative criticism or a opposite point of view is not war, for me is freedom of speech...
    housecarl likes this.
  8. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pedro, I wasn't actually aiming that at you - it was aside of the discussion. All I am saying that there are absolutely amazing works out there that never appear on PF, I was surprised, as previously I thought PF was this Mega Hub for hobby and everyone was on it.
    Now it is clear to me, that some people avoid PF - and I am curious what may be the reason.
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Facebook is a creation of the devil.
    Carl.:troll:
  10. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lol I agree and I avoid it like plague. When I was a kid, we had our own social networking - it was called " Outdoors"....

But that wasn't the point.
    pmfs likes this.
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Dimitry, I know mate.:cool:
    PF have some of the great sculptors and figure painters around....
    There are other aspect, every day I see here after making the log in hundreds of guests seeing this forum anonymously perhaps many of them are part of that number....;)

Pedro
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I know what you mean.
    But it's still the Devil's work.
    Carl.(y)
    Gaudin likes this.
  13. Einion Well-Known Member

In terms of deliberately avoiding it (as opposed to just not knowing about it) same reasons anyone avoids any forum - not your scene, don't like it/the owner(s)/the crowd, time pressures only allow you one forum and it's a different one, or simply that they prefer somewhere else. And there is lots of competition out there, three or four good figure-related sites on the Continent and there could well be more in other languages (pretty sure there's at least one in Russian for example, saw a link to it here once).

Einion